thinking of finally jumping ship from being a cod fanboy

well i was heavy on battlefield 2 on pc then it was never the same. when i bought my 360 its been cod ever since. only reason i stuck with cod game was all my close friends have always been on it which made me stick with it. well im tired of the **** and battlefield 3 is proving that the series is back to where it should be. so my question is does this game actually still popular and worth the 39.99 for the ultimate edition and whats included

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes. Yes it does.

most of my friends still play bc, many play cod, but, bc is our thing.

rooms are full, games are competitive, it's a good time for sure!!

OP, to answer one of your questions --- and I'm not a CoD fanboy, and I had never played a Battlefield game up until 2 weeks ago!  Shooters had grown stale for me.  I picked up the Ultimate Edition on sale (amazon) for like 35 bucks.  I'm freaking loving this game.  What comes w/ the Ultimate Edition -- dlc Onslaught Mode, some weapons that were available to the Limited Edition of the game, & Battlefield 1943.  Also -- all new copies (ultimate edition & regular) comes with the VIP pass.  EA's way to ensure more new game sales, its a download code that gives you access to a sh**-ton of additional maps.

Again, I simply cannot understand the "I've got to stop playing one in order to play the other" mentality. Save the monogamy for marriage. When it comes to video games, I'm a staunch supporter of polygamy. I want a harem, baby with concubines and all!

Harry's sig FTW

Really man its ok to play both...this crap about this game is better then that game is SOOOOOO effin old its just ridiculas. I play both games. Both have there ups n downs good and bads. They are two totally differently played games.  Love them or hate them COD players and  allot of them are coming to BF3 in October. I have jumped back n forth from battlefield to COD and EVERYONE yes even those camping, sniping, killstreak lovin, knifing COD players will be on your team in the 90 days so get used to it folks. Its ok to have your own likes and dislikes...um be an individual maybe.

Sometimes I think people just like to be excepted and stoked on these forums....They go to battlefield Forums to knock COD they go COD forums to knock BF. Boost  their CUL and feel like great when everyone goes....."Welcome Finally you have come around"

Whatever.    BF3 is coming...thank God oh and DICE.

Who says you can't enjoy both? You played Cod for a long time and enjoyed it, you like what you see with BF3 so get  both games. BF3 is just another good FPS and not a "cod killer" just like Halo Reach.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

OP, to answer one of your questions --- and I'm not a CoD fanboy, and I had never played a Battlefield game up until 2 weeks ago!  Shooters had grown stale for me.  I picked up the Ultimate Edition on sale (amazon) for like 35 bucks.  I'm freaking loving this game.  What comes w/ the Ultimate Edition -- dlc Onslaught Mode, some weapons that were available to the Limited Edition of the game, & Battlefield 1943.  Also -- all new copies (ultimate edition & regular) comes with the VIP pass.  EA's way to ensure more new game sales, its a download code that gives you access to a sh**-ton of additional maps.

[/quote]

When did the VIP code give you the metric sh**-ton of maps? From what I've seen and played it only gives you four.

i never said i couldnt play both but since the OG battlefield 2 to me the series hasnt been great 2 play both but when i played the demo of bc2 i was sold but since all my friends are on cod its made the decision easier . i love that fact that you need teamwork unlike cod games. im just tired of the bullshit black ops which im good at by the way i just know coming in late on bc2 is going to hurt until i make some friends lol.

i never said i couldn't play both because of being a cod player most of the time. even though it is hard for me to jump from game to game i usually stick with one game until they make a crap sequel. its how i was with gears of war 1 i never left it even when people were on mw1. then they made crappy gears 2 its when i jumped shipped to MW.