Think I may hold off before getting this...

Theres some things that already I can tell will be gamebreaking, imo. Mobile spawn points, while a great idea, are one of those things that usually will guaranteed to be exploited by the lesser douchenozzles of our quaint community. They should not allow you to put a mobile spawn point in the other team's spawn, period. Yet, they do. And already this is becoming VERY annoying, especially when utilized by people who play TDM on the beta.

-

Lag is going to be another. Im hoping its just a beta thing, but the whole getting killed by dead bodies who are actually running around but I cant see them is beyond frustrating. And lag seems to present itself in many ways in this, but the one way thats killing it for me is how hits all register at one time. I have many times heard a guy shooting near me or a solid burst but because I took no damage or hits, I thought it was a team mate and all the sudden Im dead. No warning, no hits, just boom dead. It makes surviving most glancing wounds pretty much impossible. And when my sound cuts out, which I know is a beta thing, I can no longer hear when Im being shot at.

-

So, I dunno. I may just hold off for a day or so and see what general consensus is for the game because I dont care to be annoyed by yet another shooter.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

to me the mobile spawn point goes two ways.  yes it sucks when they put one in the spawn but when you find it(they give off a loud beep) you can just sit there and kill any fool who decides to spawn there or shoot it and blow it up. i have found they are pretty easy to find when the enemys are popping up out of the ground way away from there spawn. and im sure witht he full game release with vehicles and what not that may even the playing field since this map is infantry only.

you gunna play colla dooty instead?

You should know this community and CODs community will find and EXPLOIT anything they can. Ive seen teams spawn trapped beyond belief in BFBC2 and maybe the mobile spawn points were a relief from that? What about vehicle, planes, and chopper wh0r3s? They exploit just as well. Theres no "code of ethics" (unfortunately) when gaming, so expect the worse and just play to have so fun.

Mobile spawn points are truly a mixed bag. Killzone 2 (a playstation title) allowed players to drop a smoke granade that acted as a mobile point for their team. These granades caused two types of problems:

1. People would rush the enemy spawn and toss in a granade. Before long most online games became simple matters of which team could spawn kill the other first.

2. People who just wanted the points would drop the granades anywhere; most of the time as far as possibel from anything useful

I think BF3 will suffer more from the second option; not so much due to people wanting points, but snipers being to scared to risk their lives to place them. Correct me if I am wrong but in BF3 doesn't the point only work as long as the person who lays it is alive?

It works until it's destroyed or you get to the next set of m-comm stations.

^^I think the sniper/recon class has the mobile spawn points. They can put it out and the whole squad can spawn on it. I  am not sure how long it stays there. I think I have spawned in as a sniper and worked my way around the map and placed it, then I was killed and continued to spawn in on it with another class, but I am not totally sure. My memory is bad, LOL.

^^^ yes, you can set it with a recon class then spawn into it using another class.  It's duration is through to the next group of mcomms or it gets detroyed as ronin6337 posted.  i wonder how this will work on conquest?

^^Good question.

all i read is i play call of duty and iam legit 50 or what ever its at now

^^ gtfo.