Things I wish they had fixed

Look- obviously we're dealing with a great game here.  I don't want anyone thinking I haven't thoroughly enjoyed the handful of matches I've been able to actually CONNECT to.  But there are a handful of things I wish they had fixed from BC2. 

Let's skip right past the unconscionable lack of server power last night.  If they had taken one QUARTER of the dollars they spent marketing this game, and spent it on their opening night readiness, I wouldn't be so dissatisfied with my experience last night.  I find it ridiculous that a company can spend the last year building up buzz, hype, and demand for a game like this, only to be caught with their pants down on opening night.  Yeah, I know- every game goes thru this, but come on!!  It's not 2004 anymore.  These are rookie mistakes.  These companies have marketing departments (as we've seen from the millions spent in advertising).  Those marketing departments should also be able to give them a clear picture of how many people are buying the game, and what the server load is going to be.  

1) Why can't I quit a lobby from the menu between games?   There's nothing more short-sided and ridiculous than giving me no option to quit my lobby between games.  Why should I have to wait for the next game to start up before I can leave to find another lobby?  Idiotic!!!  Such a simple and seemingly OBVIOUS thing. 

2) Just like above, why can't I spend my time between rounds editing my weapon layouts, etc?  Why do I have to wait until the game starts to scroll thru and add a new scope to a rifle?  When the game starts, that's MY time.  Stop forcing me to edit my sh*t on my time.  I should be able to do that on YOUR time, in between rounds.  Incredibly short-sighted. 

3)  Why do you not allow me and my friends to start up our own private match?  Your vehicles require some practice.  Maybe I want to learn to fly a jet while I'm not under constant and heavy fire!  At the very least, it should be a choice I have.   You came close by offering me a server browser, which is nice in theory, but guess what?  You screwed the pooch on that too!  Wanna know why?  Because you require EIGHT people before a game can start, but you only allow me to have FOUR people in a squad!  So close, and yet you managed to F that up too. 

Call of Duty's menu system is just right.  It allows me to do ALL the things I've mentioned above.  If EA is going to blindly and directly copy so many story and gameplay elements from COD, why not also copy some of the stuff they actually NEED to be copying? 

That said, the controls in this game are way tighter and more refined, the maps are huge and beautiful, and I've really enjoyed playing it so far.  I just wish they'd use some common F'ing sense with their menu system.  

What do you wish they'd fixed? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You could always trade Bf3 for Mw3. Then your problems would all be solved.

First of all, way to ignore the obvious.  I said at least twice that I really enjoy this game, so "trading it" for a game that's not even released yet is 1) not going to fix my issues with BF3, and 2) IMPOSSIBLE since MW3 isn't on the shelves.  

No, MW3 will have its own set of problems.  Namely that it is played by children who don't have the attention span for large maps and games that take longer than 5 minutes.  COD used to be more like Battlefield, with large maps and some vehicles, but they soon discovered that if they cater to the lowest common denominator, they would make millions.  Frankly, I've gotten really tired of their short games and loud-mouth tweens.  So I guess it's a bit of a tradeoff.  Do I want to deal with a few stupid things between games, or do I want to deal with stupid games altogether?  It's a no-brainer.

Why can't people handle criticism better? Not you OP, the responders.

Everything Jay just is asking for is reasonable and I agree with all of it.

I always got the feeling 1) that you mentioned is done intentionally to try and keep players playing the game.

"Can't leave until the map is loaded. Well, the map is loaded; I might as well play one more round."

Or it is done to keep players playing together consistently. I feel if players were able to drop out at will, there would be a lot more unbalanced matches encountered.

JAY ARRRRR, you bring up some points but most of them have been addressed already.

First, you don't need to be in a game (actual play) to Customize your Soldier. You can do this from the Title Screen under "My Soldier". From there adjust your Load-outs, Weapons, Vehicles and such.

Second, they did not want to use Servers so people can practice flying (or whatever). For this additional Servers and Cost would be a result. Simply practice while In-Game. Practice makes perfect and "under fire" should help with some "inspiration".

Finally, the Quit Game is simply for Stats. Battlelog keeps track of your Quits now as well. The end of the game (into a Lobby) is the past game Stats being filed as complete. After all, it's only a few seconds.

Meh, JAY ARRRRR is making some legit points and clearly states that he enjoyed his experience, uncalled flame by JustBob imho.

That said, a trainer for vehicles and the lot is basicly what BF traditionally does with their singleplayer experience, also unranked can be good for it sometimes. Point 1 and 2 really are good feedback imho. The private match system is designed for clan versus clan matches not with what you wanted to use it for in mind.

hahaha, I didn't realize the BF forums had become so serious.

Wolfmeister- you might actually be right about trying to keep us in the game.  I don't like that they're bullying me in that way, but you may be right! :)  But that still doesn't excuse why I can't change my classes around in between matches.  

LostKauz- I know I can change my stuff around from the title screen, but that still means I have to exit the lobby to get back to the title screen, right?  In which case, my gripe stands, because we all know I can't exit a lobby between games!   Also, you said that "additional servers and costs" would result from them letting me practice on my own, but that's not true!  When I use the server browser, there are dozens of free servers with nobody in them!  I should be able to go into those with a buddy or two and play around.

These are small things, but when they happen in between every game, it just frustrates me that nobody at EA ever thought of them or noticed.

[quote user="JAY ARRRRR"]LostKauz- I know I can change my stuff around from the title screen, but that still means I have to exit the lobby to get back to the title screen, right?  In which case, my gripe stands, because we all know I can't exit a lobby between games!   Also, you said that "additional servers and costs" would result from them letting me practice on my own, but that's not true!  When I use the server browser, there are dozens of free servers with nobody in them!  I should be able to go into those with a buddy or two and play around.[/quote]

Which goes back to a Thread I made a while back in the Beta pointing out how stupid the "Wait for X Players" was. It would have been nice just to fly around on an empty Map but alas, you're going to have to find one with Players in it.

And just an fyi, you can use the "My Soldier" prior to starting any Match. You don't need to "back out" or Quit a Match just because you picked up a new Unlock. Use it either when you die or before you play, it's not that difficult?