Thieves Guils& Ebony Arrows questions

• First of all where can I purchase or acquire Ebony Arrows? They seem to be very rare and I'm running short. I've tried Fletcher, the Elf in Whiterun, and all of the pawn shops but cannot find any.
  • Also, I'm experiencing a massive bug with a thieves guild quest. I think it's The Pursuit (I have the game guide). The quest did not become available when I finished Hard Answers. I tried approaching Karliah in her lair (where you first meet her) and she wont speak to me. I've tried talking to Brynjolf too and he just says, "sorry I have things to attend to". Any recommendations???
  • thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ebony Arrows:  All of the arrows eventually become available once you hit a certain level.  I just started seeing Ebonies last night - just when I earned level 42.

Thieves' Guild:  Do you mean this quest

I get my ebony arrows from the Blacksmith in the Riften Market and from the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.  

Yea thats the quest. i just read the bugs part at the bottom and thats my problem. for some reason i already have mercers plans.

as for the arrows im level 34 and have had ebonies a while now.

They became available to me to buy at the Drunken Huntsmen like Hemi after I reached a certain level.

For your second question, I just got to that part an hour ago. I hit Karliah with a freeze shout and the next part of the quest immediately triggered. Don't know if that'll work for you but give it a try.

[quote user="J 3ennett"]

• First of all where can I purchase or acquire Ebony Arrows? They seem to be very rare and I'm running short. I've tried Fletcher, the Elf in Whiterun, and all of the pawn shops but cannot find any.
  • Also, I'm experiencing a massive bug with a thieves guild quest. I think it's The Pursuit (I have the game guide). The quest did not become available when I finished Hard Answers. I tried approaching Karliah in her lair (where you first meet her) and she wont speak to me. I've tried talking to Brynjolf too and he just says, "sorry I have things to attend to". Any recommendations???
  • thanks

[/quote]

I think the whole thieves guild can just glitch up like that.. i had the same thing happen to me after the First Real quest as a member where i couldn't start the next one

Can't you put Ebony arrows on the guy at Solitude and he shoots as many as you want into the target?

i give my follower- trading,  and some guys in thieves guild- reverse pickpocket- a few daedric arrows- so they become little factories for them, but it doesnt always work

[quote user="cillydude"]

i give my follower- trading,  and some guys in thieves guild- reverse pickpocket- a few daedric arrows- so they become little factories for them, but it doesnt always work

[/quote]

The Follower trick always works.  Just make sure that you leave them with at least one Ebony arrow.  They'll regenerate as many as they need!

I reverse pickpocket everyone in the thieves guild so they all shoot daedric arrows. I have almost 200 from this and over 400 from dragur deathlords.