Thieves Guild progression/achievement help please!! (Spoiler Alert!!)

So I completed all the Thieves Guild quests (or so I thought) and returned the skeleton key to Nocturnal and got that achievement to unlock, but I have yet to be made into the Guild leader.  I did some research and found that I have to do those little quests from Delvin and Vex, and then a few city quests, then some other main quest before I am made leader of the Guild and get the achievement.  My question is roughly how many of the small quests from Vex and Delvin do I have to do to get the city quests to unlock?  Any help would be great, Thanks!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

5 per city for each city quest, but it's hard to keep track, because they just dish them out at random, so you might end up doing too many for one location, and not enough for another... It is very time consuming.

To save time, once you have completed one or more of the cities, SAVE before you request your next assignment. If the new assignment is in a city you still need, proceed to it. If the assignment is in a city you no longer need, quit the game, reload from that save, request assignment, and a new assignment will be randomly generated. Repeat as necessary.   Alternatively, you can simply refuse a job, but it will then appear as a failed mission in your log. No big deal, it just looks ugly.  

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

To save time, once you have completed one or more of the cities, SAVE before you request your next assignment. If the new assignment is in a city you still need, proceed to it. If the assignment is in a city you no longer need, quit the game, reload from that save, request assignment, and a new assignment will be randomly generated. Repeat as necessary.   Alternatively, you can simply refuse a job, but it will then appear as a failed mission in your log. No big deal, it just looks ugly.  

[/quote]

This is exactly what I did. I just saved before I asked for the mission and if it wasn't the city I needed, I just re-loaded. Yeah, it's a bit cumbersome but it gets the job done.

This was by far the most lengthy and annoying achievement in this game, there is no 'quick' way to do it sadly.

Keep doing small quests, but quit the ones in Riften. Delvin will tell you to go to a certain city and do a special job. Once you finish that, start ignoring jobs from that hold and Riften. Keep doing this until you only have one city left. I almost guarantee it will be Markarth.

Thanks for the advice.  I kinda figured that was what I would end up doing.  This is going to be very boring and time consuming....