archery-bow attack

lockpicking- for loot

light armor- protection

enchantment- make weps

poss dabble in some type of magic healing, ect

dragon shout poss-slow time,meteor attk

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

no "main abilities" different races start with different skills higher than others, so look into that. google skyrim racial bonuses or something.

it just depends on your race. like K0rruptiD said, you cant pick your attributes. different races have diff abilities

I would suggest these skills.

Alteration - For Locks without the use of lockpicks

Illusion - For help in Sneaking (become Invisible)

Conjuration - Help for if you get discovered, as thieves are not good at direct conflict.

Marksmanship - Main Attack

Blade - Secondary Attack

Each would only go through parts of the perk tree, and you would be a pretty good thief. That is the thief build I normally go with.

^im pretty sure the unlock a lock spells were removed, saw in a topic where people were discussing which magic got removed, apparently chameleon is gone as well, although its replaced by a shout that does the same thing.

Dang! I used that spell all the time in Oblivion.

You don't get 3, you get all of them. you can do any variety of skills you want with no limit and shouts aren't a skill.

aaaww man, the invisibility spell is gone and is now a shout???

You get all the skills in Skyrim, and just focus on what you want to do. Simpler concept, no picking.

you'll want to focus things like

swords (1h)
light armor
sneak
alteration or illusion (I preffer illussion because of:)
lockpicking

I'd also suggest armorer to keep things sharp on the fly. acrobatics could be good if it wasn't a pain to level. and chameleon and ivis are two different spells.

this is all assuming the skills haven't changed (ie entire skills removed or drastically changed) from Morrowind/Oblivion. although I would like to see short words make a return as a kill to make the thief/rogue/assasin type characters feel a bit more like one and not just a light armored warrior type character.

They've changed a little... There's only 18 now.

Magic: Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting, Illusion and Restoration.

Combat: Archery, Block, Heavy Armor, One Handed, Smithing and Two Handed.

Stealth: Alchemy, Light Armor, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Sneak and Speech.

There's no classes anymore, and when you level up you can pick perks to add to the skills.