They shut down Modern Combat for this????

I just played the game last night and  I do not get it, its the same thing as BC and even cod. I can't see anything, the guy could be standing right in front of me and I can barely see him. Its almost like there is tooo much detail. You have to tap the stick to lay down?(prone?) . Everything seems so slow, from have to pull the trigger to aim the gun to haveing to press the stick to run, whats the point of the mini map? Can it be opened full screen? or zoomed in? Even with the sniper scope I could barely see a guy standing maybe 50 feet from me. In bf2mc you can see a guy across the map. I could not take it I had to give up after and hour.....very upsetting.

I hope the choppers aren't crap like BC2 , those were the worst chopper controls out of any game ever.

Anyway I don't even know what to say, I miss all my MC players...its sad....I haven't even turned on my xbox till last night, hope everyone is well. Some video from old times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9_2ZSspJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnKcLwEH7cs

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dude, since you've been gone theres this new invention called HD TV, you should check it out!

I play on a monitor

[quote user="fantasticozzz"]

I play on a monitor

[/quote]

Cool! on a PC? 

Its hooked up to the 360

and all modern flatscreen PC monitors are HD.

I know it's a beta i.e. old graphics and whatnot...and I know the final product will look much better, so at this point I'm not worried about it anymore as the final will have some HD polish and destruction

-

...having said that, this is not an HD version...I'll bet this beta would actually look better on a SD television

[quote user="A Toxic Shotgun"]

and all modern flatscreen PC monitors are HD.

[/quote]

Right.  so if you don't wanna adress the OPs post, I will:

I would recommend getting a bigger set and working on your brightness if you plan on playing modern shooters on a console.  I'm playing this on a 58" Pannasonic, and have no problem seeing what I'm supposed to see.   there is a deliberate amount if light and dark - its supposed to be chaotic - urban battle is that way with people popping up anywhere.

Yes, you have to tap the stick to go prone. 

the devs said they spent a lot of time working on the weight of the weapons and slowing down some of the actions, like knives.  A little realism should help to balance games, don't you think?

I can't think of a modern shooter where you don't have a funtion to perform when scoping your weapon or running so this is how it is.

You probably know you get better scopes as you rank up.  They've gone a level of realism here, so you're not supposed to be able to see an opponent from accross the map unless you have the equipment to do so. 

The mini map adds to situational awareness, it lets you know where all your team meambers are, and the names on screen are your squad members ( I always play in squads) I only glance at it to see what areas need coverage.

So as you can see the game has changed a bit - I came onboard when Bad company was released so I don't know anything about the BC days. I do still play AATS so I get what you're saying about community. 

If you only came on when BC was released then you have no point of reference. Modern combat was only shut down 2 months ago so we are forced to play BC rubbish or this.

This has nothing to do with a bigger set, that is absurd if you expect people to be paying out for 58" tv's??? Most of the world plays games on PC monitors and even the cheapest  pc lcd monitor is 10x better than a cheap lcd tv or plasma.

Going prone by having to push down hard on a stick is slow, and I can only imaging they put it in to say they put in prone....it's completely slow and useless

This game has nothing on MC.....from what i see  its just another BC, there shouldn't be any options to change scopes etc in multiplayer that is rubbish for COD , this is a team game like a sports game. MC didn't have any options to get more or different weapons as you gain rank, everyone had the same weapons and they all had to fight as a team no one was better because they had a different scope. That game was all about skills and working as a team not personal accomplishments and working on gaining rank and  different weapons.

I don't see how anything on this game has to do with realism , when I look outside the world is not so cluttered up that I have to strain to see a guy across the street.

If I want realism I'll join the army ........... I want fun. If people want it to be real they wouldn't have a respawn lol, lets not argue about realism as long as that re spawn is there.

when you feel like being rational, let me know.  Meanwhile, kids - stay off his lawn.  

Why did they add Prone?? its dumb, makes game totally worthless. In beta all you see is people campin in prone position.

Plus, uniforms are not that different. A small red triangle over enemy ,which is barely visible among fires and explosions...how hard it is to make different colored uniform? Sniper scope looks like it was taken off of  1908 Springfield..i played 2 days and no team work so far besides  some dude makin retarded noises olr some1 screamin for ammo. Everyone camps like there s no tommorow.. game gets borin fast