These games good for someone w/out LIVE? BF3, LOTR:War in the North, GOW3

I don't have live, so I am looking for a game with a good campaign, and some good replay value.  I liked the COD games with zombie mode, because the mode added a lot to the replay value.  Does anyone know anything about Battlefield 3, Lord of the Rings: the War in the North, and Gears of War 3, as far as a good decent length campaign, and replay value?

Also, do any or all of these games have split-screen CO-OP?

I can't seem to find any reliable information when researching games.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

War in the North will probably be the best of the bunch I think.

I can't speak for B3 since it's not out yet, and I know next to nothing about War in the North, however, you may like Gears 3.  It does have replay value.

Two players can play split screen campaign or horde mode.  Horde mode is like COD's zombie mode.  So if you had fun with that, you'll have fun with Horde mode.  The campaign was a wee bit short, but still fun.

you can't go wrong with LOTR and the game that Aflockof bunnies said.

[quote user="PIZZ3454"]

I don't have live, so I am looking for a game with a good campaign, and some good replay value.  I liked the COD games with zombie mode, because the mode added a lot to the replay value.  Does anyone know anything about Battlefield 3, Lord of the Rings: the War in the North, and Gears of War 3, as far as a good decent length campaign, and replay value?

Also, do any or all of these games have split-screen CO-OP?

I can't seem to find any reliable information when researching games.

[/quote]

If you are looking for a beefy single player only experience, wait for Skyrim. Or get Dragon Age 1 and 2. You will be busy for weeks.

[quote user="Manhandler"]If you are looking for a beefy single player only experience, wait for Skyrim. Or get Dragon Age 1 and 2. You will be busy for weeks.[/quote]

These and maybe try Mass Effect (1 and 2) or Fallout (3 and New Vegas). Get GOTY Editions when possible, they will have all the DLC on the Disc. If you haven't tried Oblivion ever, it's also a must, so many hundred of hours of my life gone in a fleeting moment with that Game.