There's a Gears of War Board Game

Epic Games' popular shooter franchise is now a board game.

You and up to three other friends can take on Locust hordes through seven, randomly generated missions. Players use special 'Order' cards on his or her turn to take cover or lay down suppressing fire.

The promotional video gives a great overview of the rules. Gears of War: The Board Game will be out later this year.

Source

Not something I was expecting.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Saw it a few days ago on Destructoid. Thought it was quite funny, then I wanted to give it a try.

I miss board games. :( Makes me feel old.

I like Gears of War, I like board games.

I could be tempted to play that.

I never heard about this. Looks like a pretty cool board game.

Thanks for the post.

A lot of Gears merchandise. Not that I find anything wrong with that.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Im going to hold out for a Gears of War Monopoly.

OT: Wouldnt mind checking it out. I had picked up a Resident Evil card game and it wasn't half bad.

Now a Gears of War game done up like Mage Knight/ Hero Clix style would be interesting

Seems pretty cool and it looks like it has a lot of depth to it. I'm a big enough Gears fan that I'll probably pick it up. The price is a bit much though, $79.00 for a board game? Yikes.

[quote user="Elite Effect"]

Seems pretty cool and it looks like it has a lot of depth to it. I'm a big enough Gears fan that I'll probably pick it up. The price is a bit much though, $79.00 for a board game? Yikes.

[/quote]

I'm a big Gears fan myself, but yeah that does seem a bit too expensive for a board game.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

[quote user="Elite Effect"]

[/quote]

I'm a big Gears fan myself, but yeah that does seem a bit too expensive for a board game.

[/quote]Put it on XBLA and profit. ;) We could use more board game....games.

To be honest that looks sweet !

But am I the only person thinking that the game itself is screaming "DUNGEONS & DRAGONS!!" lol