There's a problem with your account.. I just can't find out what it is!

Hello there,

I've bought my X360S a few days ago and been having quite some fun with it but I definetely wanted to extend that fun to multiplayer which requires me to buy an XBL subscription. However when I try to buy the subscription I simply can't. I've tried to buy it over the dashboard, can't, tried on xbox.com, can't, tried to use different paying methods, from different credit cards to paypal but I just can't. The credit card issue I believe it might be on my side, since it is a virtual service we have in Portugal called MBNet which creates virtual cards associated with the real one but to hide that information (pretty much like PayPal) but has a common limitation: only 1 expense per CC unless it is from the same buyer. Since every time I add one of those cards to pay the system apparently tries to check if it is valid through a 1€ debt I believe that might be the issue. But moving on, tried PayPal and what I'm getting here is simply "There's a problem with your account. Please check https://account.live.com (...)." Now, I can't see a problem there but can you? And if so, can you help me? :)

My physical region as required is Portugal, that's where I am just in case. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there Tundra! What happens when you try purchasing a LIVE Gold subscription on the console? Do you get an error message or code? What about on Xbox.com?

One thing to make sure of is that your account region and physical region match. You can check your account region here (https://billing.microsoft.com). Then, make sure all your billing information matches your account information (name, address, region, etc). Let me know when all that is squared away. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.