There's a BF3 update coming tonight....

I don't know the details (maybe someone on here can help find out?) but there is a BF3 Beta update happening tonight starting at about 1:00am Sunday PDT.

Does anyone know what the update is bringing us?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Patches have to go through a 2 weeks certification process with MS. There won't be an update tomorrow. If there is it'll be up for the PC, not consoles. There's also nothing in the news section on the Battle Log discussing a beta update. There's this but that's from beta to final.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

Patches have to go through a 2 weeks certification process with MS. There won't be an update tomorrow. If there is it'll be up for the PC, not consoles.

[/quote]

Betas and demos are excempt from most of the test though, hence why 3 days after someone removed the crackdown 2 demo time limit they patched over the problem

I'm not guessing, I know 100% there is an update coming tonight.  I'm hoping someone here knows more details about what the update is bringing us.

I'm well versed in the certification process. :)

[quote user="Landshrkk"]

I'm not guessing, I know 100% there is an update coming tonight.  I'm hoping someone here knows more details about what the update is bringing us.

I'm well versed in the certification process. :)

[/quote]"I know 100% there isn't an update coming tonight." This is the part where you pretend to be a MS employee again right?

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

Patches have to go through a 2 weeks certification process with MS. There won't be an update tomorrow. If there is it'll be up for the PC, not consoles.

[/quote]

Betas and demos are excempt from most of the test though, hence why 3 days after someone removed the crackdown 2 demo time limit they patched over the problem

[/quote]I suppose. However there's nothing announced. Nothing on the main battlefield twitter, zh1nt0s twitter, Demizes twitter, or the Battlelog. 

Please enlighten us how you are able to know this before anyone else has.

not to sound like a moron but

#BF3 Beta update is on it's way! @zh1nt0 just confirmed they are patching :)

29 Sep via web Favorite Retweet Reply

That there couldn't be them announcing a patch all of 2 days ago could it ?

oh and a list of changes I've found

We have distributed a server side update with the following changes:

- Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB

- Preround is fully activated: 8 players required to transition from preround to in-game; when 8 players are reached, the start-timer is set to 10 seconds

- Fixes for the most common game server crashes reported over the past 48 hours

- Fixes for end-of-round progress reporting to Battlelog (so players will see their progress more detailed on Battlelog)

The above was 30th of september and is a post of an email apparently send to Full Spectrum gaming

The friend matchmaking sucks in the beta, it never puts us in the same squad and often puts us on the opposite team. Hopefully we do get a patch soon...

The squad's not saving is normal, this is turned off for the current beta version.

About the update tonight, you don't have to believe me, but you will around 1 or 2 am PDT tonight. :)