The Worst Xbox LIVE Arcade Game of 2012?

Karateka. The gameplay is just so bloody repetitive, every single fight you do the same exact button combination and then move on which is the same. I couldn't even jump or move left or right, just forwards.

-

Try it yourself, the trial is available: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Karateka/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841128c

-

Charging 800 MSP for an awful boring 'fighting' game like this is a complete rip-off, it should be free and even still, the ratings would probably be very low. To be honest, I wouldn't play it if it was actually free.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

very bad game indeed

Ziriux @ I've been playing Dragon Ball games for years, and all Spike DBZ games play pretty much the same, so the Kinect one isn't the only repetitive one.

-

Budokai Tenkaichi / Raging Blast / Ultimate Blast / For Kinect ~ These Spike games work best as simulators, they suck as actual fighting games.

-

Dimps made Dragon Ball games far better than Spike could ever done. Infinite World & Super DBZ still stand as the best out there. Tenkaichi 3 is mediocre.

Karateka cant be any worse than Dragon Ball Z on the Kinect.  Every character has the same move motion lol. It's plain horrid.

^^   @Digi -- You're responding to a guy who consistently responds in threads, "I won't be buying that game until it's under 10 dollars."   Obviously his value of "worth" is slightly skewed compared to your own.

OT:  I've only downloaded 3 arcade games this year -- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Walking Dead (episodes 1-4), & Minecraft.  If I had to choose the worst of those 3, it would be THPSHD by a mile.

I don't know, I haven't played anything from 2012 that I didn't like. [quote user="US Revenge"]

1 good arcade game, minecraft
worst arcade game doesn't mean much sine arcade games don't really drop in price like retail games, you can expect them to be the same $15 years from now, therefore, even a mediocre arcade game STILL is horrible because it isn't worth buying, even some mediocre games are worth buying if you can get it cheap enough but since arcade games rarely if ever drop in price they will always be games to avoid. 

[/quote]This topic is obviously about the quality of the arcade games. Taking the price into account is ridiculous, it has nothing to do with the quality of a game. 

Arcade games do drop in prices every now and then. If not, there's always DotW where they're usually discounted to 50% of their original price. Many of them are well worth their 10-15 dollar price tag. 

I think those of us that played the original in the 80's enjoy it a bit more.

[quote user="I Dashboard It"]

[quote user="US Revenge"]that I truely wanted[/quote]

What? He's talking about a game that's horrible...Or are you saying Minecraft is horrible? LOL.

-

IMO, I say Happy Wars...I just hated it! The gameplay is just...bleh. I'm sure there are people on here though that will disagree with me, LOL. It's the only arcade game I've played though, so I'm sure there are other horrible ones out there that I'd hate. I'm not really a big fan of arcade games.

[/quote]

1 good arcade game, minecraft
worst arcade game doesn't mean much sine arcade games don't really drop in price like retail games, you can expect them to be the same $15 years from now, therefore, even a mediocre arcade game STILL is horrible because it isn't worth buying, even some mediocre games are worth buying if you can get it cheap enough but since arcade games rarely if ever drop in price they will always be games to avoid. 

Easy choice. Happy Wars.

As i recall, the PC version of Karateka wasn't that exciting or varied in it's gameplay either.

Dungeon Fighter: Live. Especially considering the free option that's much better...=\  Happy Wars is a close 2nd though.