The Witcher 2 For Xbox 360 Delayed Into 2012

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for the Xbox 360 has been delayed until "the first quarter of 2012" according to CD Projekt RED. The delay has been caused by two main factors. The first reason was so the dev team could continue to polish elements of the gameplay. The PC version has been out since May, so I assume minor changes will be made to the console version. The other reason is CD Projekt RED, the developer of the PC version of The Witcher 2, is being sued by Namco Bandai. The lawsuit stems from CD Projekt RED removing DRM from the PC version of The Witcher 2. Namco Bandai was also surprised to learn THQ would be distributing console version of The Witcher 2 in Europe. Namco Bandai has PC distribution rights for Europe and apparently thought that deal pertained to consoles too

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I'm cool with it. I wasn't really expecting anything else this Fall other than what I have already planned for. Hopefully this extra time allows them to get everything ported over properly

I'll have far too much to play to care to be honest, plus I own it on PC already.

Great news. Enough time to make a good port to the consoles.

As long as it ports well, that is fine by me.

Dont mind waiting a bit... just hope it doesnt come out in March with Ghost Recon... That would suck...

Third main factor:  Releasing it in 2012 will eliminate some of the competition from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is good. More time for me to spend with the other dozen games coming out this fall. -_____-

Witcher 2 will be a downgrade on consoles just like Dragon Age