The way COD SHOULD be scored........

Earning points for kills without deductions for losses has always seemed dumb to me.  Yes, I know you have k/d ratio for those that care, but it has no REAL bearing on FFA.  In team games at least deaths still hurt your team in the overall picture.

A better way to score COD IMO would be a +/- score system.  For example, 21 kills and 10 deaths would be a score of 11 (21-10=11).  This way the score would more ACCURATELY reflect the players TURE ability.  Just my opinion.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

they should just score it as kills only, nothing you can do when you get shot in the back or sniped by a camper, yes you could use more stealth but that would slow you down meaning less kills.

u cant be killed by a sniper camping. sniping is not camping. its sniping. i HATE campers too but u cant classify snipers as campers.

for all the times you get shot in the back, you get a few for those yourself.  That kind of stuff balances out in the big picture.  A person that ends with a 21-20 score is not as good a someone that gets a 20-7 score.   Sorry, but its true.

Also, for example, just because someone has 3500 points with a 10-25 K:D in Domination doesn't make him good either. Just means he ran circles around the map laying on the ground and never defending a single point....but I digress.

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

for all the times you get shot in the back, you get a few for those yourself.  That kind of stuff balances out in the big picture.  A person that ends with a 21-20 score is not as good a someone that gets a 20-7 score.   Sorry, but its true.

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

if i go 21-20 with 10 captures in Dom and you go 20-7 with 0 caps, I am much better than you and my score will show such in the lobby.

sorry, but true.

[quote user="panikAtack"]

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

if i go 21-20 with 10 captures in Dom and you go 20-7 with 0 caps, I am much better than you and my score will show such in the lobby.

sorry, but true.

[/quote]

While you're right, the guy is talking about FFA if you read the original post. He was talking about it in that particular context.

[quote user="rscnyx"]

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

sorry, but true.

[/quote]

While you're right, the guy is talking about FFA if you read the original post. He was talking about it in that particular context.

[/quote]

i did read the op.

did you?

did you read the thread title also?

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

sorry, but true.

[/quote]

Nope you are actually wrong. If your team lost, because you wasted your time running around the map in circles, not defending a single flag, and giving the enemy multiple killstreaks then you are most certainly NOT better.

The idea is to capture, and DEFEND the flags...I get tired of getting into Domination games playing musical flags because my teammates have the slightest clue how to kill the enemy let alone defend an area.

What if the 20-7 guy had 14 defends and had one of your points on lockdown the entire match...odd that you didn't seem to even take that into consideration.

[quote user="DuRkaMore34"]

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

sorry, but true.

[/quote]

Nope you are actually wrong. If your team lost, because you wasted your time running around the map in circles, not defending a single flag, and giving the enemy multiple killstreaks then you are most certainly NOT better.

The idea is to capture, and DEFEND the flags...I get tired of getting into Domination games playing musical flags because my teammates have the slightest clue how to kill the enemy let alone defend an area.

What if the 20-7 guy had 14 defends and had one of your points on lockdown the entire match...odd that you didn't seem to even take that into consideration.

[/quote]

i will leave it as this. we are different types of players.

i do rush the entire time in dom. i will have high kills and deaths and usually the most caps.

you seem more like the type that stays in one spot to collect easy kills. if that makes you smile and enjoy your $60 the more power to ya!

if you got a crew, hit me up we can settle on the battlefield!  rushers vs. campers.

[quote user="rscnyx"]

[quote user="DaveThe1"]

[/quote]

you are soo wrong.

sorry, but true.

[/quote]

[/quote]Even when he was talking about FFA then going 30-20 Isn't that good either, now if it was lets say 30-10 then it was good.

Then u had a good KD and u won .

Now i can't be much of a talker for the xbox version, cuz i don't really do great on there for MW3, i'm still under a WLR of 0.98 i think and my KDR for FFA is only @ 1.92 .

Now i know that my KDR and WLR for MW2 on xbox is above 2.50 and i do have a winstreak of 500+