The Walking Dead Complete Season One error

Long ago when the first episode became free, I of course downloaded and played it without issue. So seeing the remaining content as the Games with Gold for this month (October '15) was great. However, I can't even play it now. The game loads fine and after selecting episode one it goes to a loading screen for a bit then I get the error "The device containing the game has been removed. Press A to return to the Xbox 360 Dashboard."

I deleted everything and cleared the cache (resetting my xbox between the steps) and re-downloaded just the first part. This allowed me into episode one but for only about 5 minutes or so, Right after shooting the guard and yelling to the girl to get help it freezes and the error pops up again.

Now I know this isn't a problem with my storage device being 'removed' as from what I've read people have been having this issue since the game released, but the only discussions I've come across are the later content, not the first.

Question is, has anyone come across a way around this error or a way to fix it? Or did Microsoft really put a potentially broken game for many up as GwG for the second half of this month?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

I'm having an issue almost same as you, posting it now. seems like the games it's glitched

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, from what I've seen is people have been having this problem pretty much since the game came out, but mostly with the later episodes (more so with 400 days). But for me, I can't even make it more than 5min at best into the first episode, deleting, clearing cache, reinstalling, even trying on a different account makes no difference.

Telltale remains silent and as usual so does Microsoft.

So very glad I didn't pay for this garbage, and it hurts to say that because I was really into the first episode back when it use to work. But for Microsoft to host and even worse put a broken game up as the Game with Gold is just completely ridiculous.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.