The Thieves Guild (Lost Histories)

This might be a glitch in the game but I am having trouble finding the butler Shum gro-Yarug in the Skingrad Castle. I need to find him in order to get a job to get to Theranis in the dungeon. He has a book that the Thieves Guild wants. I have tried to sneak into the dungeon with no luck. I have also tried to find him in town. If you talk to a Skingrad Guard they tell you that Shum gro-Yarug spend most of his time at the castle but he goes to the West Weald Inn at ten and the Colovian Trader at noon. I have waited at both spots for him numerous times and the correct times and he never shows up. I cannot advance in the Thieves Guild until I pass this quest. Any help on how to find the butler or maybe another way of completing the quest without him?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Shum gro-Yarug has buggy AI that sometimes causes him to walk off the bridge between the castle and the city. So if you can not find him, then you gotta try pickpocketing a key from a guard, sneaking in the back way, or just plain getting yourself arrested.  

Which is the best way? I tried getting arrested but lost all my stuff. How do you sneak in the back way and where is the back way located? Thanks for the help.

[quote user="StarScream 22"]

Shum gro-Yarug has buggy AI that sometimes causes him to walk off the bridge between the castle and the city. So if you can not find him, then you gotta try pickpocketing a key from a guard, sneaking in the back way, or just plain getting yourself arrested.  

[/quote]

This^^.  Its really annoying because he also sells the biggest house in the game.

For a game this huge and on only one disc, this is the first real bug that I have found. I used an invisibilty potion and just walked past the guard in the dungeon. Thanks for the help.

No, believe me, there are much worse bugs. Bethesda knows about all of the bugs in their game. The community makes sure of it. The fact is: they are not going to patch it. Oblivion is 5 years old.