The Taken King DLC for Destiny unavailable without bundle

I have confirmed the system knows I have DLCs 1 and 2 and it is still unavailable. Only the legendary and collector editions are available in the Xbox store. Why is this? This is clearly a mistake/bug, because only allowing the inflated version to be sold is an unsavory/exploitative business practice.

Please help me resolve this issue, as I am already considering abandoning the will to continue contributing to Microsoft/Bungie.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

I am having the same issue even though everything was bought under the same Xbox Live account.  Part of my problem is that the purchase of the Expansion Pack doesn't show up in my purchase history or the purchase history of the other accounts on my Xbox... even though the console knows I own them and can play them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did purchase the Xbox from my brother and the console came with the game and 2 DLCs, so I am on a different Xbox account than the one that purchased them. Is this why I cannot get it? How can I fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

It got mine fixed today.

I had to contact Microsoft to get a screenshot or something that showed I bought the Expansion Pass so I could pass it on to Bungie. They couldn't provide it even though they show it is registered to my Xbox.

I checked my bank statements and the Microsoft account purchase history they were able to provide me... and I saw no money being deducted for the Expansion Pass. Therefore, it appears when we bought the Expansion Pass, the financial part of the transaction did not process, but the console thought we bought it.  So, therefore, I owned no license for the previous DLCs.

To fix this, I...

- Uninstalled everything Destiny related.

- Cleared the cache

- Bought the Collector's Edition for $79.99 (or Legendary edition would work, too)

- Re-installed everything digitally.  I had Destiny on disc, but I didn't touch that during the re-install.  I simply installed the new digital version

Sorry this didn't help.