The Shooter of My Dreams

-Set in a fictional universe but grounded somewhat in reality, 3rd person, incorporating mechanics found on the best shooters in the market, also utilizes MMO mechanics, character customization (skin color, hair, head, gender, some other minor customization options) and squads (guilds/clans).

-The basic premise is a full out war between rival factions for control of a fictional planet. Each player has access to 3 loadouts they can customize, customization is very deep, you can choose between 3 armor "classes" Light, Medium and Heavy, light characters move faster but take more damage as well as carry less equipment, heavier characters can carry more equipment and take out more damage, medium sits in the middle of the two. In addition as you level up, you unlock special abilities which help you or your team, the idea is that you can create the character "class" you want to play.

-Some basic abilities include: Sprint (Increases your movement), Barrier (creates a "bubble" barrier that absorbs incoming damage), Stimpack (increases your attack and reload speed), Ammo Beacon (refills ammo and grenades to you and teammates), Lockdown (Jams all electronic equipment), Turret (spawns an automated turret that also detects cloaked units), among many others.

-On top of active abilities there are also passive perks split into 3 categories: offensive, defensive and support. Perks vary from things like decreased weapon recoil (offensive), reduced explosive damage (defensive) and increased grenade capacity (support).

-Each character has a rechargable shield and a health bar, health does not regenerate automatically. Light classed characters carry a main weapon and a sidearm, Medium characters can carry a main, secondary and side arm weapons, Heavy characters can carry 3 weapons and a side arm. All characters carry 1 type of grenade.

-How exactly does the meta game plays? basically, factions attempt to win games on different maps with different objectives, cumulative wins in certain sectors of the map gains the winning faction that territory which boosts the faction with some additional team bonuses (more damage with bullet weapons, transport vehicles, etc). Factions hold on to territories until the next war starts (meaning all territories have been captured and taken by one faction).

-Maps range from open world forests and valleys, to ruined urban settings, the idea is to have a beautiful planet getting colonized by humans who leave Earth and down the road they splinter and conflict begins between them.

-So what are your ideas? think some things could be changed and or improved?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You lost me at 3rd person.  Otherwise it sounds interesting.

Most of what you want has been done in some games already.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I had an idea for an open world game.. Basically, you play a normal person. You can take a job doing anything you want and you would actually do that job in the game. You could buy things, too. Cars, TV's guns etc. There would be dozens of in-game houses to move into. Your friends could buy a house in your game and they would live there, too. Your games would be forever linked together. If another friend joined you guys, the same thing would happen. You don't just quit out and go back to your world. Your friend's world would become yours. If the person who started the world is offline, his friends would be able to take control until he returns. You'd have to drive the speed limit and everything. If you're at work and the boss keeps making you mad, you could come back with an AK-47 and shoot the place up! Your friends would actually get a newspaper that says "Player-X Goes On Killing Spree! in Location-X!" and all sorts of other fun stuff. It would be like Sims on steroids, basically.

I love games with character classes the way you described.... if only Brink wasnt such a bummer.

Sounds interesting.  Reminds me a lot of Team Fortress.  I especially like the fact the this seems to be more of a team based game as opposed to lone wolf experience that seems to be flooding the market these days.

It sounds interesting.  I'd like to know more about the story other than just rival factions.  Campaign is very important to some people, or would it be all about the multiplayer?

I was thinking that single player and multiplayer could be somewhat interconnected, but not entirely. Im not sure what the story would be besides the basic premise, but we could have the ongoing multiplayer war going on while there are events happening on the single player. So if your online some story information or in game events would be influenced by the outcome of the battles.

Its all in the air of course, so I wanted to share my idea to see what else people can think of and incorporate.

I wanted the factions to be different from each other in both looks and backstory.

^I don't see a reason why the single player campaign couldn't work like the campaign from Brink did.  Just make sure the game isn't a giant disappointment  like Brink.

While they don't necessarily follow your description to a T, the upcoming games Firefall and Dust 514 share many similar designs and gameplay mechanics and might be of interest to you.

Wish both of those were coming to the 360 :(