The SCAR-H

Why is this heavy **** rifle not available in the **** class, but yet the engineer class which focuses on smg's and machine pistols has it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Scar-H is a carbine. Engineer class uses carbines M4,AKS-74,etc

Actually the SCAR-H, is modular weapon system. Depending on the length and weight of the barrel it can function as a Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, Carbine (which really only means short rifle btw), or Light Machine gun.

And he is right, it should not be in the engineer class. It fires a 7.62x51 round it dosen't fit with the other weapons in the class.

Yeah I thought it was weird the Engineer used a SCAR-H instead of a SCAR-L.

It's my go to gun, that thing mows people down.

I really believe, if you play long enough with a particular weapon, you will unlock it for every class. Not sure where i read it..

All the engineer weapons (at least so far that I have seen) are assault rifles. Just like in BC2 with the exceptions in that game being the PP2K, Uzi and Ump. Nowhere does it say that the engineer uses submachine guns.

"Assault Rifle" by defenition must have the following, Selector swith for full auto or burst fire, and fire an "intermediate cartrige". Meaning something in between a "full rifle" round like the 7.62x51, .303, 7.62x54r etc... and a pistol round. The SCAR-H fires a "full rifle" round.

Semantics... I know, but even though they never said the Engineer uses SMG's it still dosen't fit with the other weapons in the class (never has, I don't know why it was an engineer weapon in BC2 either)

[quote user="AssyrianWarfare"]

All the engineer weapons (at least so far that I have seen) are assault rifles. Just like in BC2 with the exceptions in that game being the PP2K, Uzi and Ump. Nowhere does it say that the engineer uses submachine guns.

[/quote]

Yep. And with that having been said, we can conclude this thread./

[quote user="Fly Guy8791"]

Actually the SCAR-H, is modular weapon system. Depending on the length and weight of the barrel it can function as a Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, Carbine (which really only means short rifle btw), or Light Machine gun.

And he is right, it should not be in the engineer class. It fires a 7.62x51 round it dosen't fit with the other weapons in the class.

[/quote] Exactly the SCAR-H fires a big round, I can see the SCAR-L as an Engineer weapon as the lighter version firing 5.56.

From the Battlelog description of the SCAR-H CQB.

Developed for the US SOCOM the SCAR is a modular series of weapons available in multiple interchangeable calibers, barrel lengths, and configurations. This particular model has been configured as a SCAR-H CQB (SCAR-Heavy Close Quarters Battle) with a shortened barrel and chambered for the hard hitting 7.62mm NATO round. This gives the SCAR-H a greater range than typical Carbines at the expensive of some serious recoil.

This should clear up this discussion