The reason Black-ops is laggy

I've noticed that when joining random games like I usually do 95% of the time i'm getting matched up with German,Swedish,Norweigan,French players and since I live in the UK this is going to cause bullet lag. It's always against these foreigners that I suffer lag. Surely there must be enough UK players to match me up with?? i'm pretty sure there is.

I have two theories, one is that Treyarch match up high rank players to foreigners on purpose to stop them beasting the new players joing in the the UK (or you're home country wherever you're from).

Also I have another theory that low rank players in your own country get slight advantage lag-wise to encourage new players to stay in the game (I also seem to lag out a bit when I encounter low rank players, ie I will start to shoot way before they even have me in their sights but i still die)

Don't tell me it's my internet connection of router because they are both excellent and don't tell me I just suck at the game because I have playtime of coming up to 14 days and have a KD of 2.41

I think treyarch are rigging teh internetz

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If your having problems with lag then switch to Locale or Locale Only in your search preferences (hit the Back/Select button just before you search for a game

[quote user="BioniicKkz"]

I've noticed that when joining random games like I usually do 95% of the time i'm getting matched up with German,Swedish,Norweigan,French players and since I live in the UK this is going to cause bullet lag. It's always against these foreigners that I suffer lag. Surely there must be enough UK players to match me up with?? i'm pretty sure there is.

I have two theories, one is that Treyarch match up high rank players to foreigners on purpose to stop them beasting the new players joing in the the UK (or you're home country wherever you're from).

Also I have another theory that low rank players in your own country get slight advantage lag-wise to encourage new players to stay in the game (I also seem to lag out a bit when I encounter low rank players, ie I will start to shoot way before they even have me in their sights but i still die)

Don't tell me it's my internet connection of router because they are both excellent and don't tell me I just suck at the game because I have playtime of coming up to 14 days and have a KD of 2.41

[/quote]

You know I wanted to explain in detail what's happening to you (time of day, connection, etc) but I figure you're just 14-15 years old so why bother? Actually, I take that back. You just seem like someone who doesn't like foreigners... so why bother?

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

[quote user="BioniicKkz"]

[/quote]

You know I wanted to explain in detail what's happening to you (time of day, connection, etc) but I figure you're just 14-15 years old so why bother? Actually, I take that back. You just seem like someone who doesn't like foreigners... so why bother?

[/quote]

chill out a bit. My post isn't about hating other countries, i don't know how you read that? anyway no matter what time of day i play i get put in with german,french peoeple. I played a few matches this morning, full of germans, I was playing a few matches just now and had the same experience. I'll probably give searching by locale a try but I don't hold much hope for that.