The ranking system will be a joke

If it includes anything to do with games "joined in progress"  will the stats be true at all.

TAKE THE JOIN IN PROGRESS AWAY! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Agreed. Hate that

No, don't take it away.  Until we live in a world where there aren't pansy quitters it needs to stay. Besides, how will it ever be a true ranking system if they don't separate stats from parties vs those that play with randoms?

[quote user="feihc"]

If it includes anything to do with games "joined in progress"  will the stats be true at all.

TAKE THE JOIN IN PROGRESS AWAY! 

[/quote] I dont know how a ranking system based on wins and losses will work with JIP. 343 must have something up their sleeves.

They should just not count statistics from JIP games and it will be like joining a social game for a warm up.

How can you say it will be a joke, when you don't know how it is calculated?  This ranking system will be less of a joke than the current progression exp based on.

I could argue that Trueskill in Halo 3 was a joke and somewhat redundant due to it's many flaws.

It's hard for gaming companies to get any sort of rankings system right cause everyone looks at ways to exploit them. If they have the tech and the money though I'm sure they can make it successful.

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

No, don't take it away.  Until we live in a world where there aren't pansy quitters it needs to stay. Besides, how will it ever be a true ranking system if they don't separate stats from parties vs those that play with randoms?

[/quote]

The JIP makes people quit more.....esp. now that there is Ranking......who wants to join a game when they stick you in a 400 to 100 match (which seems to almost always be the case)?  

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

No, don't take it away.  Until we live in a world where there aren't pansy quitters it needs to stay.  Besides, how will it ever be a true ranking system if they don't separate stats from parties vs those that play with randoms?

[/quote]

I agree with you.  I hope they do NOT take the join in progress out of Halo 4!  All the millions of complaints about people leaving during the game will all come back again.  Almost every single BTB game I played of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach, someone would leave the game leaving a team unbalanced. At least now when they leave, others join that actually want to be in the game.   I love when players join in progress because someone leaves.  Good thing for us 343 is smart enough to leave the join in progress in Halo 4.  

I'll take JIP all day every day over being down/up a player(s) every other match.  

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

I'll take JIP all day every day over being down/up a player(s) every other match.  

[/quote]

I see your point, but JIP is only good for those already in that match and not the person joining it