The "new" maps aren't new maps at all.

I feel like I made this thread before but couldn't find it. If you watch the ELITE TV videos of the disc maps and DLC maps, you'll notice a lot of the time that when a player gets a kill, his name is "XRay Alpha". Using XboxGamertag.com (which is extremely accurate, as I've used it a lot for about a year now... it even shows when players are appearing offline.), I get a message telling me that it hasn't been created yet.

So when we're being told these maps are "all new", Infinity Ward is lying to us, as these videos were all recorded at around the same time. Disappointing, but unsurprising.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Makes sense that at least the basic architecture of the maps is worked out well in advance of their release, no? I mean, wouldn't the downloads be massive if there was nothing existing on the disc already?

300mb for one map is quite a lot.

Why would those tags need to be xbox live members? Couldn't IW just create them and record gameplay to make it look like an online match?

Local play gamertags for testers. Not online players.

After I looked at a few other names, they were silver accounts that don't have a date for when they were last online. Just "Offline"... so, I still think they were recorded pre-MW3 release.

The maps are all new to play for none Dev's so whats the problem? i don't get it!

Ordeal, now that I think about it, I remember sometime during the release of Black Ops, when we got the the trailer for multiplayer, I think MattKs was talking about developer gamertags. Something along the line of there exists an XBOX Live "clone" as it were for developers and play testers only, wherein they could create accounts so that the game would play like it does for regular Live users. The reason he was telling us this was so that we wouldn't spam someone who might actually have a real gamertag that we saw in the video with FR's.

"The maps are all new to play for none Dev's so whats the problem? i don't get it!"

These maps were made before the release of MW3, but they included them as ELITE content, which we are being charged extra for.

By defination all these maps are new -- they've never been in any other cod & they're not from any part of any of the campaigns. The gamertags you see in whatever vids you're watching are probably just offline gamertags because, to my knowledge, internal testing is done offline...

Also the whole idea that they made the Spec Ops missions recently is bogus.

Really? They decided to make missions based on those in the campaign? Not buying that.