The "I would like to see..." thread

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I wish they never changed these forums.  Since the first game came out, I had posted a thread before each expansion listing cards I would like to see as potential unlockables.   Then it was always a nice surprise to see a few of my picks, make it into the expansion.  Surprisingly however, is the shear number of picks that have made it into this game.  I would have loved to have been able to link to those old threads, but alas I can not. 

So with that said, here are some new picks for what I would like to see in the next expansion:

Chandra: 

• Siege Gang Commander- I don’t care what red deck they put it in but seriously!
  • Stigma Lasher-  Punishing fire is awesome but we should further kick Life-gain card users in the groin!
  • Demon Fire- Better than Blaze

Koth:   

• Earthquake-  More sweepers are greatly needed, the flavor seems fitting for Koth
  • Jaws of Stone- another flavor fitting card
  • Ashling the Pilgrim- Awesome creature

Garruk: 

• Lignify-  Just a piece of spot removal that seems fitting and not overly powerful for Green
  • Harmonize- Awesome card draw
  • Tooth and Nail-  Less broken than if this was in the ramp deck

Gideon:  

• Day of Judgement-  Sweeper that makes regen stronger
  • Basilisk Collar- Awesome equipment that’s not too powerful for the deck
  • Steelshaper’s Gift-  Decent tutor. Nothing more

Jace:  

• Counterbalance-  I have a sweet spot for bomb enchantments
  • Glen Elendra Archmage-  Great creature- would like to see the persist mechanic
  • Ancestral Vision-  I want to see the suspend mechanic, this is SOOOO good!

Soren: 

• Kalastria Highborn-  This deck could Greatly use another bomb 2 drop, the early game is pretty terrible
  • Profane Command-  Any of the commands would be awesome but especially here as there are currently no other recursion effects in the game
  • Mutilate- Another Awesome sweeper that this game drastically needs

Nissa:

• Elvish Branchbend- Fun elf that fits the “numbers matter” theme of this elf deck
  • Allosaurus Rider-  Alternative costs are cool and fun with counterspells
  • Sylvan Messenger-  Card drawing elf

U/G Ramp:

• Green Sun’s Zenith-   fits into early or late game, good utility for this deck
  • Mystic Snake-  Awesome card!
  • Rampant Growth- If you’re gonna ramp…

Sarkan:

• Fling-  seems fun here!
  • Blood Cultist-  Better early game card
  • Predator Dragon- I really like the Devour mechanic here

Tez: 

• Esperzoa-  adds a great deal of speed to an otherwise pretty slow deck
  • Windwright Mage- Another Decent early creature
  • Tidehollow Sculler-  I thought there were some cards using the exile zone, if so…

*** Rumored New Decks***

U/R:  

• Swerve-  Cool card that adds tons of awesome possible plays

G/W: 

• Oversoul of Dusk- Pure 100% Awesome
  • Qasali Ambusher-  Fun card!
  • Gaddock Teeg-  Fun Powehouse card!

Liliana: 

• Nixathid- Great creature for a discard deck, was disappointed this never made it into the first game.
  • Duress/ Thoughtseize-  Any card that shows us opponent’s hand and lets us choose will be Amazing!
  • Dark Confidant-  Just an awesome creature

...So those are my picks,  I always try to stay within the boundaries of this game.  No planeswalkers, or mana producing creatures, etc.  What would you like to see?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Would like to add my suggestions but these new forums are horrible and I can't format like I would like to.

Elspeth deck = Mono-White Control

Eternal Dragon, Decree of Justice, et al.

Yes,  and Exalted Angel and Akroma