The Pro Player:

Is it time that XBL begins to mark gamers profiles with the mark of a Pro Circuit Player. Or better known as MLG Pro player. I do, many gamers playing such games as COD or Halo Reach or other games often don’t realize they are playing against Pro Gamers who make a living playing in Gaming tournaments to make tons of money. I believe it is time to mark these players with their true title on their gamertags a simple MLG tag allowing other gamers to know they are playing against a professional gamers.

I am not against professional player being on XBL but I think they should allow the rest of us casual gamers who we are really up against. May be we wont spend so much money on this hobby instead put the gaming money we spend into something more worth while like our families, better vacations, replace that old car the list is endless. I for one, would like to know if the gamer I just killed is a professional gamer maybe this will easy up on much talk about cheater, hackers maybe these players are so good they really should not be allowed to play on XBL but that would be ridiculous and dumb. A simple MLG tag on their Gamertag would be enough to announce to the world these guys a real pro’s.

These real pro’s may become the world experts to places like XBL and earn respect but talking about how they did it. How they became a professional gamer. Us small average, casual weekend gamers would be thankful to know when in games like COD BO we are really the smelt (type of fish) of the day.

http://blogs.forbes.com/johngaudiosi/2011/07/01/mlg-gamer-mike-hastr0-rufail-explains-why-pro-gaming-is-attracting-mainstream-advertisers/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or they can say they are  a "pro player" in their Bio. Simple.

the cod games are "supposed" to put you into a lobby with players of the same skill level as you so in reality casual gamers  with lowers stats should never play against so called experts.

a lot of these kids that are boosting and modding don`t realise this so by getting upto level 15 in bo without increasing your skill level by playing the game properly,they are putting themselves in games with experts from then on,as so begins the rage quitting and abuse when they can`t win a game.

There's really not that much of a difference.  The MLG players go through the same cycles as new players (especially in CoD).  What's REALLY a problem is when you're a lone wolf (hardy har har... Halo reference) and you're going up against a full party of half decent players.  You're basically going to get bum invaded.

I think just putting "Pro Player" in your bio would be enough.

Imagine all the Gamertags that would need to be verified.

[quote user="Eezak"]

I think just putting "Pro Player" in your bio would be enough.

Imagine all the Gamertags that would need to be verified.

[/quote]

This would be an none issue for MS/XBL just think on the money they could charge gamers if they are truly professional gamers making thousands of dollars.

[quote user="Owen Wilson"]

There's really not that much of a difference.  The MLG players go through the same cycles as new players (especially in CoD).  What's REALLY a problem is when you're a lone wolf (hardy har har... Halo reference) and you're going up against a full party of half decent players.  You're basically going to get bum invaded.

[/quote]

I hate to differ in your first part meaning there is no difference. The deference is these professional gamers are making tons of money. Being a lone wolf myself have came up against many clans of good players and yes I agree my butt was handed to me but its gaming right.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

the cod games are "supposed" to put you into a lobby with players of the same skill level as you so in reality casual gamers  with lowers stats should never play against so called experts.

a lot of these kids that are boosting and modding don`t realise this so by getting upto level 15 in bo without increasing your skill level by playing the game properly,they are putting themselves in games with experts from then on,as so begins the rage quitting and abuse when they can`t win a game.

[/quote]

Do you really believe that match making hype placing you with the same type of gamer as your own performance. I am average meaning I have good games and very bad games in COD my most kills I ever had was 21 and I was shocked I got that high. My over all average is 10-12 kills per game. Does this allow me to come up against gamers who get 30 kills per game sure does because the match making hype is just that hype. The word “ Supposed” means it never will.

On to the kiddies, I really have no problem with boosting so long it is kept out of the main lobby and into their private rooms they can boost all they want But if you are boosting in my open game I will hit you (kids) with a unfavorable report. It is a good thing I grew up in the 50’s and 60’s I learned sportsmanship a game like COD or similar is the type of game where sportsmanship works well. I have been known to take the kill so you can get the kill but kids don’t understand this concept…it’s a game it means to have fun not allow the game to run your life like it does with most these kids and some older gamers too.

[quote user="Fullmetal1986"]

Or they can say they are  a "pro player" in their Bio. Simple.

[/quote]

I’m talking about MS/XBL certify them as such, not just add it to their profile by them only by MS/XBL.

I'd be embarrassed to be called an "MLG Pro Player," honestly...It just seems so kiddie for some reason. The money would be a nice bonus, though.

[quote user="Riven57"]The word “ Supposed” means it never will.[/quote]

"supposed" means it should do not never will.

the idea of the lobby putting you into a game with players of equal level does not mean how many kills you get in a games.just because you average 10-12 kills in a game doesn`t put you with another person that does the same.it attempts to put you in the same lobby with someone of the same overall level,equal prestige etc.

so someone level 15 prestige would not normally get put into a game with a level 1 prestige player.

when kids boost to level 15 with their mates ,they are then put in with genuine level 15 players and are not upto the skill level and can`t win.

this is what the cod games are "supposed" to do.