The Pendulum Wars: Will We Ever Experience It?

According to the Gears of War mythos, Marcus Fenix, and other characters, were involved in the Pendulum Wars, which took place prior to the events of Gears of War.

Since Cliffy B has confirmed that GoW won't be done when GoW3 ships, and since he's also confirmed that spin-offs are already in the works, we may finally get a chance to see what the Pendulum Wars were like.

Anyone heard any rumors about a possible Pendulum Wars game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe they could have multiple battles and instances leading up to Marcus's incarceration. That way it could have a sort of full circle going on.

[quote user="CapnLuckyCharms"]

i just pray GoW doesnt become the next Halo or CoD

[/quote]

As long as the gameplay stays true to what Gears has always been about, then that won't be a problem.  I don't see Epic drastically changing the core gameplay for future games in the series so I'm not worried.

[quote user="FrostBucket"]

What would be cool is if they did post e-day, but just prior to the HOD strikes that crisped Sera.  Get to see Sera pre-hammer.

[/quote] A campaign mission based on the assault on Aspho Fields would be so epic

hoffman have his own game? no thanks. maybe when he was young,  maaaybe. i dont think they can beat their MP now tho. what would it have?

@ CapnLuckyCharms

I don't think we have to worry about that. GoW has a style all it's own.

WHOO WHOO! ALL ABOARD THE COLE TRAIN, BABY!

i just pray GoW doesnt become the next Halo or CoD

[quote user="FrostBucket"]

What would be cool is if they did post e-day, but just prior to the HOD strikes that crisped Sera.  Get to see Sera pre-hammer.

[/quote]

I like this idea.  I would also like a Pendulum Wars game.  Either one would be great.

@ Lord Dirt

That's awesome. Thanks for posting.

Gears of War 3 Showcased on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Written Wednesday, June 15, 2011 By Richard Walker

View author's profile

Having hosted a demo of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Monday's show, last night saw Late Night with Jimmy Fallon's game week continue with a short burst of gameplay footage from Gears of War 3, showing some of the action from the E3 2011 demo in which a massive Leviathan boss chomps its way through the floor while Marcus Fenix pilots a Silverback mech.

There's a lot of Fallon struggling with the controls and shouting before he hands the controller back to Epic's Cliff Bleszinski who then struggles to finish off the boss after an extended period of filling its gooey yellow eyeball full of lead. "Die, you ***!" he even shouts at one point, as the Leviathan refuses to yield during the E3 demo.

Once the demo's finished, Bleszinski confirms that Gears 3 will be the trilogy closer like Lord of the Rings, but says that there "might be a Hobbit", which either means there might be a Hobbit in the game, or more likely Epic could potentially explore prequel stories for subsequent Gears of War games. Whatever the case, we can't imagine that Gears of War 3 will be the final Gears title when it launches on September 20th, 2011.

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../news-8703-Gears-of-War-3-Showcased-on-Late-Night-with--Jimmy-Fallon.html