The Orange Box, 26.99. WTF?

That was the preowned price I saw in Gamestop yesterday even though the new retail price is 19.99 both in stores when you can find it and as an On Demand game. If you look on Gamestop.com, the used price is 29.99. Now how exactly does a used game cost more than a new one?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe it was Gabe Newell's copy.

Gamestop always makes more money off of used games...It's a fail.

it's becoming a rare game unfortunately which is why it is so much.

check ebay and amazon.

If bought via Amazon/eBay the price isn't really too high, around £9 to £13 (or $15+ in US).

-

CeX in UK is an overpriced rip-off game store, like almost all are. CeX was once a great store back in the days, I think GameStation's decent but I've not been to one in years now.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.  I got mine back in '09 after playing on the PC for a while and only paid $15, and then I saw it at GS for $24.99 recently. I also tried to get L4D2 for the second time (My scumbag friend sold it when I let him borrow it) and it was still $42.99! Apparently Valve has stop making copies of these games for console so they are considered rare.

But like Phil said Amazon and eBay are your best bet.

I picked up my copy in 2009 for $7.48 brand new off a clearance rack...

I'm sure it's a mistake, but I still believe that OB is worth $29.99 even though it's old. It's still great value.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

It's not a mistake and i have seen it for this price at quite a few Gamestop locations. I just never really paid attention to it until now. And while 29.99 may sound like a good deal, MSRP is only 19.99. They have also done the same exact thing with Halo Reach which is not a rare game. Brand new at Best Buy =  29.99. Preowned on www.gamestop.com = 34.99.

I've seen it at Gamestop where I live for 5 euro used a few weeks ago.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

i think i paid $9.99 for my new copy way back... or was it $14.99?