The one thing about the craftsmanship skills that ruin the game...

Is that they undermind the credibility of legendary/deadric weapons. Why bother with wearing the ebony platemail given by Boethia when I can craft an armor five times stronger with more enchantments? I wish the craft skills were more thought out so the daedric weapons were still stronger than mine. It makes the game boring

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You didn't have to put perks into smithing and enchanting.  

Irrelevant to what I'm saying kid. I'm on the topic of getting craftsmanship to not overshadow really nice aspects of weapon design. Essentially, one gameplay design overshadowing another. If you don't have anything to contribute to the addition of that, don't reply.

Oh, you seem like one of those types who don't like it when somebody doesn't agree with them. Anyways, what Lalaithion said is 100% true. Besides, why would a quest reward have to be the best of the best?

A quest reward is never the best thing you can get, unless it's the absolute last quest/hidden boss kind. You can always do the best by doing it by yourself, ie, using the crafting combinations.

The fact that it overshadows the Daedric weapons shouldn't even be a complaint, since a fully forged Daedric weapon is better than a fully forged Ebony weapon and any Enchantments that already exist are weaker than the two superior effects you could apply yourself.

And Daedric Artifacts are unique, not necessarily powerful. That they would be replaced with a hyper-powerful, custom-enchanted weapon of yours is not surprising.

________

All-in-all, I'm with Lalaithion and Sipuli... if it's ruining the game for you, you didn't have to do it.

Daedric Artifacts are sweet but on most RPG games I have seen and I agree that making your own weapons and armors are the best way to go. Skyrim isnt about whats there. Its about what you can do and what your mind can do. Dont 2D this game because you think smithing is overrated. 3D your gameplay and try everything you can do to make you game more out there. Like making your own armor and weapons. Kind of wish I could disenchant Daedric Artifacts so I could add them to newers weapons and armors. :)

[quote user="Sipuli91"]

Oh, you seem like one of those types who don't like it when somebody doesn't agree with them. Anyways, what Lalaithion said is 100% true. Besides, why would a quest reward have to be the best of the best?

[/quote] This. And what would be the point in having crafting in a game when you can just stumble across something better randomly. Why would I possibly want to spend hours of time, and thousands of gold to level smithing to 100, just to find a bandit with better armor 15 minutes later? Why would ANYONE want to do that? Like Bob said (I think it was Bob) it would be a little different if there were hidden, hard items to get that were the best of the best, so your super smithed armor would only be a place holder till you get said epic item.  If you don't like that you can make things that are stronger then weapons/armor to be found, then don't make them. And yes, it really is THAT simple.

Personally, I like the idea if knowing that I can craft a piece of armor, or a weapon better then what's given to some super power daedra from another plane of reality. So what if they can fart and blow up a forest, my sword is better then theirs. :D

[quote user="Roc Boy374"]

Is that they undermind the credibility of legendary/deadric weapons. Why bother with wearing the ebony platemail given by Boethia when I can craft an armor five times stronger with more enchantments? I wish the craft skills were more thought out so the daedric weapons were still stronger than mine. It makes the game boring

[/quote]It doesn't undermine that armor because that armor has special abilities that you couldn't enchant Daedric armor with.  What's stupid is that it takes 100 smithing to smith dragon armor, but dragon armor is weaker than Daedric armor (which I'm fine with because Daedric armor looks better, but then they should've made Daedric armor 100)

its boring that once you make yourself full daedric, theres no point in looking for loot.

"What's stupid is that it takes 100 smithing to smith dragon armor, but dragon armor is weaker than Daedric armor (which I'm fine with because Daedric armor looks better, but then they should've made Daedric armor 100)".

It doesn't really fit in with the whole "Dragons are so amazing" idea though... and Dragon does do two armour sets, making it a superior perk.

Light Dragon Armour is the most powerful Light Defence in the game right?