The old "try to make the game better but end up making it worse"

The game was running smooth as butter.  No lag, no disconnecting.  I was getting into matches very quickly.

Now they change the matchmaking and I'm lagging, disconnecting and on average it takes 3-4x as long to get into a match.

My first match of the day took over 5 minutes to get into....which for a game like titanfall/cod, is an eternity.  

Anyways, after It finally put me in a room it teamed me up with a bunch of high level players.  After  5 minutes of sitting in a lobby with my full team, a full team of non prestigers is put into the room.  80 seconds later the match starts.  We had over 40 pilot kills to their 3 pilot kills (this is attrition mind you).  The final score was 300 to 70.  So you make connections worse and increased matchmaking time so you can match players of similar skill....lol, just lol.  zero sense was had that day.

/rant

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've not spent a lot of time with the new match-making system, but from the 3-4 games I have had the only issue I had was the longer waiting times. I'm not a fan of skill-based matchmaking and would rather be placed in games with people who live closer to me. 

They should of got all this figured out before launch. It would of saved them a huge backlash from the community. The Respawn forums are full of people complaining but I guess that's nothing new in multiplayer games.

The skill thing makes no sense, having wsy more one sided games now

typical EA, break it more every time they "fix" it and it doesn't help that it's being played on the XB1 and XBL's now broken network

From what I've seen/read, the main reason it's taking longer to matchmake, is because most people have gone back to COD or BF4. It's dead.... Same as this Forum. I've never seen such a massively hyped game's forum die so fast. I know that doesn't represent the game but, well it usually does. Anyway I've noticed similar. Either get matched against a team of none regenerated pilots who haven't a clue what to do or put  against a team of 9-10 generated pilots who totally spank my team of random 2-4 Gen players.. I was having much more fun before the patch.

BF4 and COD both just released DLC as well didn't they? I don't know I don't play them and my server population is fine.

The few games I have had I have been matched with people my skill level it seems because the games are getting harder. 

bf4 forum is dead, when rentsls come it will kill the whats left of that crapfest too, time to trade both back, whats next that mighgt be good?

Whatever the cause, I have been noticing a lot more lag lately.

I play story mode only and found that it takes longer for me to get into a lobby now!  And before the update I was playing well as I was put on a decent team most of the time with a well rounded team that usually went against another well rounded team and the ending score was very close.  Now i also get put into lobbies that are lopsided either in my favor or against!  But I find the ending score is very large now and find myself getting annoyed by the game.  At least ESO is almost here.