The Official Signature Do's and Don'ts xD

Alrighty so im a bit slow I guess maybe but someone preferably possibly a mod explain to me what is, or is not allowed in signatures?

Ive heard so many different things, people saying you can have picture sigsm people saying they're not allowed at all, people saying only certain people are allowed to use them, certain CUL levels or Mods only. And even some saying signatures should be left blank.

Yet there's still a number of people who are not high CUL's or mods that still have them.

Asking because I had fairly small signature picture which didnt violate anything on the forums or xbox but I guess it got removed. Just dont want to get banned on here or anything. Plus i'm sure some other members are a bit confused about this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

I really don't see what the big deal is in letting anyone use them, none of the mods/mvps/admins have pictures signatures anyways. If it was going to be restricted to them alone in the first place then why release them to the general public in the first place and then take them away with no good reason? Nearly every other forum on the web allows users to have them....

[/quote]

because the mods and the geniuses behind the new forums are.....well, something Id risk getting banned again for....

We should make a petition!

I really don't see what the big deal is in letting anyone use them, none of the mods/mvps/admins have pictures signatures anyways. If it was going to be restricted to them alone in the first place then why release them to the general public in the first place and then take them away with no good reason? Nearly every other forum on the web allows users to have them....

[quote user="SugarRy"]

This should clear things up a bit on the images.   Source link from Dragon Claw69

Link

In order to clear up some of the uncertainty regarding the ability to post images/video in your signature and threads please read the following;

Is this Change Permanent?

In short, no. When the forum roll out has been completed the ability to post image and video sigs on the forums will be reserved for the moderators and admins. This is what DMZilla, the community coordinator, has provided by way of clarification.

[/quote]A\ctually there's a loophole in that thread. Nowhere in that thread does it state that we can not currently use image signatures. Edited signatures keep popping up saying [you know these aren't allowed] ect... and I'll go onto my next point. When the forums were at 100%, image support was supposed to be restricted to mods/mvps/admins and it hasn't yet; which would mean the forums aren't at 100%.

It also doesn't help that we were told in the beta forums that we were allowed to use them until they were restricted.

Yeah its stupid.  Cant have pics in the sig unless youre a mod is BS.  Either have it for everyone or no one.  

I dont understand why if they planned to remove the option to allow picture sigs. why even create them in the first place???

I was going to put a pic!!! Unfortunately, I read the forums regularly and I knew it would not stay. I'll have to be famous elsewhere, haha. Personal pics will ruin the whole anonimity of gaming... making us facebook. Lot of staff to delete the pics. We'd all get promoted faster.

Why wait till the rollout is complete? Surely its easy to just disable the option straight away?

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

the people that you see who have pictures in their sigs have not been caught by any mods etc. i havent seen any mods or MVPS with them. as an official response from DMZilla he said they will be for mods alike only. Having it enabled for CUL members of lets say 6 and over for this example it would lead to SO many people constantly spamming and other useless stuff to try and get the right to have this feature enabled themselves. Personally in my opinion they should have it either enabled for everyone or no one to make it fair. hope this helps some of your answers you may have.

[/quote]There is a guy from xbox support putting some of the same harmless pictures that were removed from some people's signatures.
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

Well at least you can post pictures and embed videos...

[/quote]

Judging by the above source, that will also be removed.