The number of people playing ranked. . .

It's crazy to see how few people are playing ranked gametypes on GoW 3. Got online today to find that warzone, my favorite gametype, had a whopping 6 players playing ranked. I went to capture the leader and it had 0, yes, 0 people playing ranked. These are for the world wide numbers not in my region. So when MW3 comes out who knows what will happen. . . 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What are the benefits to playing Ranked over Public in GoW 3? Yep, none. So why even play Ranked anymore?

For me, it takes way too long to get a match going in ranked.  I'm sure many feel the same way.  

I just enjoy it. It's my preference. That is all.

I played ranked tmd last night and we got a game right away.

There are times where I can't find anyone in Ranked CTL.  Once it gets too late I can't find a game in that mode.  There was 1 in my region and not even much worldwide.    I usually have to jump into something else liked Ranked KOTH.

I play ranked to get away from bots.

I mainly play ranked because I like the full human teams with no sitting-duck bots and more competitive games. Most game playlists start in under a minute for me. Warzone and Execution are sometimes a bit undermanned but will usually start in under 3 minutes. CTL is the exception. Takes ages to get a game of that - nobody seems to play it, though I don't blame them as it is a deeply flawed game type. Nearly every time I play it's 2 teams sat at either end of the map taking log distance pot shots waiting for overtime - then rush. The only time it is fun is if I can rush the other camping spot at the start of match before the enemy team gets dug in - or if there are some new guys on who play it like Guardian used to play instead of Camp The Leader.

Low numbers in ranked? Probably because only hardcore teams of five seem to patrol it now, which means if you are put with four randoms, then you'll probably get squashed. Hence no point playing ranked unless you are also in a large group that can play well together. Gone are the days of being randomly thrown together as a five in GoW2 and actually having some fun in ranked.

Yeah, both teams often get dug in during CTL until the capture time is lowered.  Then there's that awkward moment when a bot captures the leader.

I think the low numbers should tell them it's not as popular as  Guardian, which was always populated.  CTL is the only original competitive  game-mode which is a shame.

While there aren't many people playing ranked, those numbers are misleading. I assure you that more than 6 people were playing Warzone in Gears of War 3, one of the most anticipated games in a while for the 360. Though more ranked players would be nice, I prefer playing it towards public as you aren't playing the same people every game and their is a smaller chance in getting stuck with bots to play with, which is boring.

Because quick matches are essentially the same except without having to constantly search for new teams. Now, if Epic wanted to do something sensible by removing stat tracking from quick matches to actually make a distinction between them and ranked matches, that would be an entirely different story.