The next Fallout game will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Albuquerque is in the middle of the United States close enough to Dallas and yet close enough to Hoover Dam for the lead off of Fallout: New Vegas. Albuquerque has enough population alongside of Dallas to make alot of ghouls. From Albuquerque west is desert from Albuquerque east is green. Santa Fe to the north and Las Cruces to the south. Very strategic! Start from the west and spread back east. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Will be?  Not proven (and I doubt it anyway).  Should be?  That's your opinion, but given the scale of most Bethesda games, Albuquerque isn't close enough to Las Vegas (or Dallas for that matter) to be "close" (it's 650 miles or so away from Dallas and about 600 miles from Las Vegas).  Now, if they made an overworld map like in the original Fallout games, that's different, but Bethesda-era Fallout games are more detailed, but take up less area.  Also, just because an area has a lot of population doesn't mean there will a lot of ghouls.  It just means that said area will probably be hit harder and more people would die; there are more populated areas in the Fallout universe with less ghouls

I would prefer Bethesda go back to East coast and follow up from the vault dweller and skip the New Vegas genre all together. If on the West coast would rather see something in the Pacific Northwest involving the Brother hood of steel find a cure for ghoulification and other mutations finding that scientists in Alska (Operation Anchorage) and being captured by the Chicoms and taken back to China. The vault dweller with a squad of  BOS would hope a Trdent sub from Bangor Washington and make to both Anchorage and Beijing where the modified FEV would reverse the mutations in the states. If on the East coast would like to see the common wealth brought into the mix with the vault dweller helping Chief Harkness free the android poulation and end slavery in the wasteland too and again find the cure for Mutation (both ghoulification and reversing super mutations). Would like to see both Night kin and the West coast brotherhood into the mix at Elder Lyons trial.

gutsycmor your comment doesn't make any sense, by the way isn't ghoulification cause by radiation?. so if there's a machine that can take out the radition from your body then i guess that could be consider as a cure. second how much do we have to go with the FEV again seriously, we all ready have enough FEV stuff in Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel, & Betheseda version of Fallout 3 do we need another FEV fallout game? im still voting for Florida to be the next location for fallout 4, what i like my Crocodile meat roosted with BBQ sauce. really crocodile meat taste like chicken you won't notices the differences.

Doc Barrow the ghoul doctor in Underworld was looking for a cure. Doc Lesko of Grayditch was looking for a reversal formula for the B.F ants in the wasteland. I thought possibly the two would work together on their causes using modified FEV. As for too much FEV reference pre Fallout 3, I would agree, but this is a new Fallout, not the old guard from Interplay, just saying. As for Florida, I'm sorry to say due to all the Nukes dropped in October 2077, sea levels around the world would have raised high enough to submrege Florida. I prefer beaver on the menu as opposed to Gators though.

No, Rogue is right,  There has been WAY too much focus on FEV, and it was nice to see it take a backseat in New Vegas.  Also, modified FEV doesn't cure ghouls, it kills them.  Also, Tactics 2 was to be set in Florida, so raising of sea levels be damned

the maximun part of florida that could be under water would be Orlando, so jacksonville or tallahasee should make a good location. last time i check the major city that was going to be in Fallout Tactic 2 was JacksonVille with the Mutant Killer plant spreading to florida. hmm reminds me of New Vegas Vault 22, because of the mutant plants in there.

Wow. Albuquerque is nowhere near Dallas, Hoover Dam, or Cruces. Also, Albuquerque really isn't a very big city compared to D.C. or Vegas. As cool as it would be for me to play a Fallout game set in my home state, I think it's pretty unlikely. Albuquerque is not that cool a place. It doesn't have the same kind of easily recognizable personality as Vegas and the capitol wasteland.

Last I heard, the next fallout game is supposed to be an MMO, but that's just rumors so far.  Well, actually more than rumors since Bethesda won their court case for the MMO rights, so I'm sure it's in the works somewhere.

That would probably be a separate team working on an mmo... And with that litigation being so recent, I think we'll probably see another single-player entry in the franchise first. Just my opinion, though.  Frankly, I'd be happy to see either game, even though I've never cared for mmos. I finished my last achievement for new vegas this morning, and I'm kind of jonesing for some more fallout.

For the Fallout MMORPG you won't be seeing it for long time. it was being work on by interplay & masthead but never got the funding, and betheseda had enough seeing those two going nowhere with the project. here's the link for you two to read on forums.xbox.com/.../182063.aspx .