The New Tomb Raider Is A Great Game But...

Is it really a Tomb Raider game?

Yeah, there's some tombs and that... and Lara waxes archealogical about some old stuff she finds...

But let's face it.  You could just have easily have substituted another character for Lara and called it something different.

Also I get that this is supposed to be the adventure that "defines" Lara as an Adventurer / Survivor... but why turn her into this androgynous gushing mess?

She's sexless and as such she feels ironically emasculated.

What do you guys think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Is it really a Tomb Raider game?

Yeah, there's some tombs and that... and Lara waxes archealogical about some old stuff she finds...

But let's face it.  You could just have easily have substituted another character for Lara and called it something different.

Also I get that this is supposed to be the adventure that "defines" Lara as an Adventurer / Survivor... but why turn her into this androgynous gushing mess?

She's sexless and as such she feels ironically emasculated.

What do you guys think?

[/quote]I think you are looking for too much depth in the game, take it for what it is, a reboot of a once very popular franchise, if you like it does it matter if Lara is sexless and ironically emasculated?

I mean who buys a Tomb Raider game for the indepth character analysis?

I love the game, but I don't think he is androgynous at all. She is very much like a young woman.

-

I'm glad they made it different. The old Tomb Raider games were boring in comparison. It was probably the first game like this that I didn't have a single camera angle issue. It's a great game.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

As I have said in other threads, I'm not a fan of dirty, scarred up, non-huge boobs Lara. I agree the series was in need of a reboot. But they could have done that without completely discarding the founding principal of the game which was Lara was a beautiful woman. But considering they were dead set on this path, at least give me some different costumes where she looks nice and isn't all filthy and beat up. I know that's not what you were complaining about. But that's my complaint.

Hey, Sword Style, it's just the beginning of the story. Maybe she goes to a plastic surgeon and gets some nice fake Double Ds and plastic skin so it can't scar!

We can only hope....

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Hey, Sword Style, it's just the beginning of the story. Maybe she goes to a plastic surgeon and gets some nice fake Double Ds and plastic skin so it can't scar!

[/quote]DLC?

Honestly it's Uncharted with a female protagonist which I found odd considering the first Uncharted is Tomb Raider with a male protagonist. So it's like reverse rule 63. Anything she did, aside from the strong empowered protagonist thing, Drake's done it better(cinematic moments, graphics, multiplayer by a longshot, etc.)

-

Now that said Tomb Raider is better than Uncharted 3 only because it was not a bunch of awesome set pieces held together by a thread of which I wouldn't even call a story. Still a great game but seriously it doesn't need to go after the Uncharted series so wholeheartedly. So to answer the OP no it wasn't a Tomb Raider game it was Uncharted 4: Survivor.

maybe there will be more tombs in the next game.

I liked it.

I loved the game can't. Wait till the next one