The most crazy, out of no where, shocking game endings.

What are some of the weirdest or shocking game endings? I mean ones you didn't see coming at all. There have been a lot. They can be from any generation or system.

I recently finished Heavy Rain and it shocked the hell out of me. I totally didn't see that coming. There are different endings so hopefully my next playthrough is better, but it won't be shocking. Great game and ending.

So what are some of yours?

I found this list on 7 What the hell endings? from gamesradar.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Mass Effect 3 is the obvious answer.

I think Assassin's Creed II has to get an honorable mention, though.  Red Dead Redemption had quite a shocking ending, too.

LA Noire.

Bionic Commando. The whole game you are searching for your wife, only to find out your robo arm is your wife. lol

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Rage ending was pretty shocking.  Not the actual ending, but because that was the ending.  I thought it was a dinky little cut-scene between missions.  I thought I was about half way through the game then the credits rolled and I thought "oh."

-

Like one of those old fashioned NES endings that says something crappy like "YOU ARE WINNER!"

^^ Haha, I remember playing an NES game that was really hard and when you beat it, it just said "game over". There was no ending at all.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

The Walking Dead ending shocked me. I never thought that I'd grow as attached to the characters of Lee and Clementine as I did.

Looking at the article, it seems to be focused on bad endings that don't make sense. In that case, I won't post what I originally was going. But I am confused regarding Bioshock: Did they have an issue with the means to achieve the ending (which then, I understand) or the ending itself? I thought the Good ending made perfect sense.

Bioshock. Not the actual ending, but the twist before the end was cool and unexpected. And Shadow of the Colossus was strange, out of nowhere and cool.

Assassin's Creed II, and not in a good way. Totally flippin' random.

I think LA Noire had two great endings in one; the end to the homicide cases and the end of the entire game. The story telling with the newspapers and related cases is incredible!

Contact me on Twitter: @DavBlayn