The latest update to Xbox

Hey, I just want to bring something up that people since the xbox update a couple of days ago, everyone with a xbox wheel of a fanetec wheel recieves no force feedback on any game on xbox live anymore, please can you fix this or inform xbox/microsoft as this is urgent and its not just one person but many.

All links from forzamotorsport.net an official xbox forum

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/5498007/ShowThread.aspx

Problem with
the Microsoft wheel related to forza

Whats the
deal with the latest XBOX live update ??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 123 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Tea! I understand you are having some trouble with a third-party wheel accessory, is that correct? As this is a third-party accessory, it would be up to the manufacturer to make sure their hardware is working properly with the console. I would recommend reaching out to Fanatec to see if they are aware of this issue with their wheels and see if they have any plans to update their hardware. Thank you for your post!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello PreciseTea53: Not to interrupt you Mister Gwyther but here is the link to there website so that you can contact there support. http://www.fanatec.de/ Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

PreciseTea53 is correct and the support guys are dead wrong on this. The latest dashboard update is the problem here. Not the wheels! It is effecting all brands of wheels including MS wheels. What do you say to that support people????

Sorry this didn't help.

The latest update is what caused  this problem.  Are you people incompetent?  After the update, my wheel takes 2 to 10 laps of multiplayer before the force feedback kicks in.  Everyone is reporting the same problem.  Wake up and get to work!

Sorry this didn't help.

Are those wheels wireless? Because if they are, then I have a related problem.

My wireless mic (MS brand) is causing my Xbox to do these weird half second freezes while playing a game. I figured it out not long ago as I I was turning it on to jump into a party. When I turned it on and the second it linked to the Xbox, it froze my game and live for a second.

Now, it's annoying because randomly during my play sessions, it will happen. It sucks when you are in a fire fight in BF when it randomly does it's little freeze thing. .

This only started happening after I downloaded the latest update and I pretty sure it's a live problem because when the freeze happens everyone in the party chat goes silent.

It's not lag!

Sorry this didn't help.

My fantec csr wheel has the same problem since the update, MS needs to fix this ASAP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same for me. I live in France and since the new Xbox 360 update my CSR Elite have some trouble of FFB, specialy at the beginning, during 2 to 6 laps. It's very unpleasant.

Please, you must find an issue, we realy need it.

Sorry this didn't help.

After lengthy conversations I had on Thursday (June 14) with Xbox Support, it is apparent the "current" System Update Version 2.0.15572.0 is what is messing up the behavior of the wheels, whether the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, the Fanatec products (version does not matter) or even the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.  Not all regions have received the update, and it may being withheld now pending investigation of the issues.

Even the Support personnel I spoke with indicated IF you are running Update Version 2.0.15572.0, you can attempt to clear the cache (described here:  support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache) to remove that build so you can play Forza Motorsport (or any other racing game on the console for which you use a steering wheel) in an offline mode without receiving the Version 2.0.15572.0 Xbox update.  If you are in a region where the new Update Version has already been delivered, it may be offered again.  Refusal of that update will not allow online usage.

NOTE:  In attempting this in various testing, some people were able to successfully remove the update, while others were not - even after numerous attempts and numerous restarts of the console after performing the Cache Maintenance.  Reverting to the previous Dashboard 2.0.14719.0 build, or having it currently properly installed, apparently does continue the proper usage of the wheels, including correct Force Feedback avoids the anomalies presented with the new Xbox update.

The attempt to blame third-party providers is very poor, since the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, Fanatec products (all versions), and even the Microsot Wireless Speed Wheel just doesn't go south on its own when Update Version 2.0.15572.0 is installed.  Those of us who are running Version 2.0.14719.0 DO NOT HAVE THE ISSUES.  Those of us in testing, have the problem when Version 2.0.15572.0 is installed, but NOT with the previous build.  Get it?  Nothing changed for the wheels, only the System Update in those regions were it was distributed.

Chris H.

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing the cache does not work. However, as posted above, this is microsoft issue and not third party developer.

Sorry this didn't help.

not happy, if i try to use my wheel it runs hotter than usual as well, don't really want it to burn out either...come on Microsoft fix your error

Sorry this didn't help.