The higher level armor looks amazing

I've been grinding my way through the smithing tree so I can get the better armor and weapons.
When I got to ebony & daedric I was amazed at the way they look.
The dragon plate armor doesnt necessarily look as good but it does protect you well and the components are easy to acquire.
I havent smithed any light armor yet (heavy armor only this playthrough) but that looks good too.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i dont think there is enogh variations of amour, i dont care how they look, as im always in 1st person, but some variation would be nice

There are 10+ types of armor.

How many more would you like to see?

11 ^^

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

More... unique styles, one off finds you have to search the game for, not the same thing you stumble on time after time, a piece of armour i can messege my friends and say "i just found this"

I've found a few enchanted armors but I guess you're right, I havent found anything that looks like its a one-off in way of art design.

[spoiler]I did just kill a dragon priest and got a unique mask though.[spoiler]

Daedric by far looks the best (IMO) and has (slightly) better stats than dragon plate (Source). Certain section of the armour also glow red in the dark.

I agree though about there not being enough variation in armour sets or 'unique' items. I'd like something like Mass Effect (the first one) where there was probably hundreds of different upgrades, styles and stats. True, that led to an often cluttered inventory but that's more of a technical shortfall.

I think perhaps what you want rather than Mass Effect's style is Fallout's style.

Skyrim did a damn good job of making weapons very obviously unique (Dawnbreaker, anyone?) but where Fallout excelled with unique items, Skyrim doesn't do the same with Armour.

That's not a problem, just something that could be improved. Solution: DLC = more items, please. Whip out some good DLC like the Lonesome Road, focusing on what's great in Skyrim, and it'll just be amazing.

Daedric > all other armours. only downside is the shoulder spikes are too long, little overkill there.

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

Daedric > all other armours. only downside is the shoulder spikes are too long, little overkill there.

[/quote]

Daedric Armor is much stronger than Dragon Armor, though Daedric only provides Heavy Armor.

I'm thankful that there's more armor types than the previous game.

Oblivion only had 6 basic types per-class.

Skyrim has 8 basic types per-class, plus other special armors.