The Halo Bulletin: March 7th, 2012

The Halo Bulletin was posted earlier today, for those of you who haven't gotten the chance to read it. I must say, after reading it, I feel A LOT more comfortable about what Halo 4 will really bring. With lack of confirmed information and the abundance of misconstrued and exaggerated jargon we received on Monday, a lot of rumors and over analysis were spun around the community. Fortunately, some of these exaggerated bits of info were laid to rest (sort of) with today's bulletin.

~

1. First, we learned that "perks" probably aren't "perks" after all. They apparently will NOT mirror anything that current speculation has suggested. Which is very good for Halo.

2. No spawning with power weapons. The standard balance of Halo will be there at the core, but nothing drastic like that is expected.

3. Armor Abilities and/or Equipment pickups are being "evolved" and implemented based on the success and failures of prior games. So, that basically confirms nothing along the lines of Armor Lock will be present in Halo 4.

4. Traditional Halo fans will get their share of playlists to enjoy.

5. Theater and Forge are making a much expected (and needed) comeback. How they'll be changed is still up in the air.

6. No health pickups, as I suspected.

7. The 0-50 scoring system is a thing of the past.

8. Covenant will be back in some way shape or form, and be altered in a dramatic way.

9. The BR is hitscan. Bloom is NOT coming back! YAY!

10. Assassinations are back. YAY!

11. "I think Halo fans will be calm and happy about our casting, including MP V/O, but we’re not revealing more at this time." If that doesn't confirm that Jen Taylor, Jeff Steitzer, and Steve Downes making a comeback, I don't know what does.

12. Machinima may be getting much more support than previous Halo titles.

~

Overall, this bulletin has restored some of my excitement for Halo 4. I'm getting anxious to see what new info we'll be getting, and when we'll get it. Opinions, people?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Halo 4 is already better than Reach.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.  People are freaking out too much, like the perks thing.  They are only being called perks for lack of a better word, they aren't going to be like CoD perks.  Halo has always strived to be balanced, they aren't going to throw that out the window.  The more balanced a game is the more enjoyable it is for everyone.

so point number 3, its like that "perk" on assassins creed where if you die like 4 times or miss your contact 4 times in a row you get a "perk" why hasnt anyone seen perks being added like on AC instead of the ones in CoD?

I wanna know more about number 7.

still dont like that BSAngel or whatever that chicks name is LoL

I'll take it.

No bloom is good and fine by me.

I prefer hitscan to be used for snipes, not a weapon like the Battle Rifle, but the advantage with regards to lag and registration are more significant than what I dislike about it. This is something I'll be very, very interested to see as time goes on, but it's a positive fact at the moment.

No health pickups is also an excellent change.

Armour abilities and whatever.... if they do it well I can deal with it since the other changes look good, but we will certainly see on this one.

There is, however, a certain value in 0 - 50 games. I don't approve of them moving away from that, particularly not if the score will always go to 500, for example, with some things awarding more points than others. That isn't cool, because it forces a more rigid playstyle and I'd rather it didn't.

I couldn't care any less for any video capability or support... all that will encourage is the plethora of low-calibre videos Call of Duty already has... I wouldn't upload anything of mine either. I also consider Machinima largely to be both a waste of time to make and view and a way for unimportant people to become popular for no good reason.

Jen Taylor voiced Cortana, right? I like her voice, I think that's a good choice. I don't know of the other two, but I'll form an opinion if I find out.

For the Covenant to come back is fine by me, I don't desperately want them gone or anything. I think Sergeant Stacker should make a return too : )

________

I'm not excited, because I'm still incredibly critical and apprehensive, but we'll see how it shapes up as time goes on. It's looking decent, so far, and actually playable, which I didn't find with Reach (that difference is clear already) so we'll see : )

And to think people were worried.

what about the Party vs Random matches? I hope they put in a choice for solo player that don't want to get *** by a party.

UGH! WHY DO THESE FORUMS ALWAYS DELETE MY POSTS WHEN I HIT THE REPLY BUTTON?!?!

~

@KhmerB01- No specifics have been released about multiplayer yet. They keep saying we'll get more info "later in the year", but that's a very broad statement. I'd look for the next major info dump to be at E3 in June.

~

@CSB-

Jen Taylor= "They've always been faster.."

Steve Downes needs a weapon.

Jeff Steitzer= "Double Kill. TRIPLE KILL! Killing spree!"

~

Also, I quite like that Machinima directors might be getting more tools to work with. There are a lot of good series out there, and of course, a lot of bad ones. The features don't exactly determine good or bad, they just expand on what the director can do.

"Jen Taylor= "They've always been faster.."

Steve Downes needs a weapon.

Jeff Steitzer= "Double Kill. TRIPLE KILL! Killing spree!""

Ah. Those two. I'd say they were essential to the series : )

"Hey guys, we're bringing back the Chief! Wooo! We couldn't get the same voice though".

Sounds kind of hollow.

The announcer is awesome too, his voice is wicked.

Also, I really like Cortana and I'm glad her voice is back too, because changing that would suck.

I always copy my posts by the way.... Just a quick CTRL + A, CTRL + C before I post.... Mine are generally too long and I can't stand it when they get lost.