The Halo Bulletin was posted earlier today, for those of you who haven't gotten the chance to read it. I must say, after reading it, I feel A LOT more comfortable about what Halo 4 will really bring. With lack of confirmed information and the abundance of misconstrued and exaggerated jargon we received on Monday, a lot of rumors and over analysis were spun around the community. Fortunately, some of these exaggerated bits of info were laid to rest (sort of) with today's bulletin.
1. First, we learned that "perks" probably aren't "perks" after all. They apparently will NOT mirror anything that current speculation has suggested. Which is very good for Halo.
2. No spawning with power weapons. The standard balance of Halo will be there at the core, but nothing drastic like that is expected.
3. Armor Abilities and/or Equipment pickups are being "evolved" and implemented based on the success and failures of prior games. So, that basically confirms nothing along the lines of Armor Lock will be present in Halo 4.
4. Traditional Halo fans will get their share of playlists to enjoy.
5. Theater and Forge are making a much expected (and needed) comeback. How they'll be changed is still up in the air.
6. No health pickups, as I suspected.
7. The 0-50 scoring system is a thing of the past.
8. Covenant will be back in some way shape or form, and be altered in a dramatic way.
9. The BR is hitscan. Bloom is NOT coming back! YAY!
10. Assassinations are back. YAY!
11. "I think Halo fans will be calm and happy about our casting, including MP V/O, but we’re not revealing more at this time." If that doesn't confirm that Jen Taylor, Jeff Steitzer, and Steve Downes making a comeback, I don't know what does.
12. Machinima may be getting much more support than previous Halo titles.
Overall, this bulletin has restored some of my excitement for Halo 4. I'm getting anxious to see what new info we'll be getting, and when we'll get it. Opinions, people?