The Gears of war 3 controller

Hello

I am getting gears of war 3 in september (obviously), i also plan on getting the controller. It has the new dpad, which is great, but... Some people have been saying that the dpad breaks after awhile? Will the gears controller have this problem? thanks for answering.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I haven't had any problem with the D-Pad (I've got the silver controller).  I don't constantly change the orientation of the D-Pad, I just leave it in the position most appropriate for the game I'm in.

I have the silver controller. Had it since it first came out. I've never once ever rotated the D-pad, other than the first experimental twist when I first pulled it out of the package. But no, my D-pad isn't broken

I switch my D-pad around for Soul Calibur IV and Gears 2 quite often and i have not had this problem either

I have had the silver one since December and had no problem

I've already got 4 controllers, so I haven't bit on the "new" controller yet. My question is Does this D-pad actually work, or is as iffy as the old one?

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

I've already got 4 controllers, so I haven't bit on the "new" controller yet. My question is Does this D-pad actually work, or is as iffy as the old one?

[/quote]

It is significantly better, but still far from perfect.  Put it this way, it's gone from the worst 1st party D-Pad to the best 1st Party D-Pad.

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[/quote]

It is significantly better, but still far from perfect.  Put it this way, it's gone from the worst 1st party D-Pad to the best 1st Party D-Pad.

[/quote]

Thanks. Maybe I'll pick one up later today.

OP, if you're really into GOW, check this out...

http://calibur11.com/gears-of-war-giveaway/

i havent used a D-pad since super nintendo