The GameInformer score.

I was at gamestop today looking at the skyrim advertisement and I noticed in the corner of the cardboard cutout a little square that said "game informer 9/10". Why not a perfect score?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe it's not perfect...?

That's not possible!

That's odd considering  a certain game that came out recently that scored a 10/10 :p its a money/bandwagon thing

[quote user="Smokey2Grenade3"]

That's odd considering  a certain game that came out recently that scored a 10/10 :p its a money/bandwagon thing

[/quote]

What's even more odd is that GI hasn't reviewed Skyrim yet.

They might have and just not released it yet. My guess is technical hiccups.

Andrew Reiner is reviewing the game for GI. He's only had it 3 days so far. Follow his progress here.

I'm not sure what the OP saw but I don't think it was a review score.

Who cares?

Oblivion got plenty of scores that were less than 10 and it's one of the best games I've played in this generation.

People sicken me. They want to be told what to buy, so they listen to reviews. They want to be told what to think, so they watch the news. Nobody thinks for themselves anymore.

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]
People sicken me. They want to be told what to buy, so they listen to reviews. They want to be told what to think, so they watch the news. Nobody thinks for themselves anymore.

[/quote]I didn't intend to post in this thread because I think the question from the op is silly.

That said, I had to reply to your comments. I use reviews all the time when deciding whether to purchase a game or not because gaming is a hobby that I can barely afford. It's a luxury and can barely pay my bills most of the time. So if a game get's a poor review, I probably won't buy it. If it get's high scores then it will be on my radar. Of course I don't use 1 single review to base my thought process, rather I get a general idea from a multitude of different reviews.

So it's not that i'm incapable of thinking for myself. In fact, "thinking" about my future and how to best utilize my finances is a very prudent course of action. If that sickens you then I feel sorry for you.

I just want know what imperfection he saw in the game, it may just be something personal like overwehlming options. And I know what I saw, it was deffinently a review score, I'll try and get a picture of it today and share it

Agreed Goonie, reviews are good tools to use. After all, you can't determine the content of a game just by looking at the cover. Even a bad review - either solely written to bash or praise - can be useful since they reference story and game mechanics.

As for the 9/10, Gunny saw, last I saw Gameinformer wasn't the only one who reviewed games or issues ranks. And quite frankly I'm glad he gave it a 9/10. No game is prefect, Skyrim included. And quite frankly I ignore 10/10s since the reviewer since had to either ignore or overlook flaws to give such a rating. Can't wait to read the honest reviews to see exactly what Skyrim will offer, flaws and all.