The game starts but when I try to play it freezes

Alright my problem is this, my game Fable 3 will load up, when it prompts me to hit start, It usually loads for a few seconds then, gives me a game error: This disc is unreadable. The same problem is happening with Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. These are the only 2 games that do this, none of my other games give me ANY problems. I don't think it's the disc because then it probably wouldn't even start up (would it?). If its the disc then how do I return it to get a new copy? These were gifts from family so I don't know where they got them from.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Any help at all?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

More than likely it is the disc. I had a problem with this in mass effect, I got to a certain point adn the disc became unreadable. if there are some noticeable scratches, i would try a scratch remover. Besides that, the data on the disc could be corrupted in some way. i would recommend trying someone else game to see if your data is corrupted on the hard rive or if its your game itself. I did the scratch remover for mass effect  and it worked like a charm afterward (found on ebay for cheap)

Sorry this didn't help.

Try your discs in a different console. Try different discs in your console. What happens?

Sorry this didn't help.

process of elimination is always a good technique!!! You got this man, ACB is pretty cool to not be able to finish!!! Fable 3 is ok, but that my opinion and not necessarily everyone's..

Sorry this didn't help.