The Game Downloaded won't play on other profiles.

Info: In 2011 My Dad downloaded Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. He downloaded the game on his account, and I tried to play on it on my account. I did, It worked and I only played it once, I even have 2 achievements on it to prove it haha. Recently I had a sudden urge to play it again. So I go to the "My Games" section, select the game to play it, and it says "action could not be launched." So I tried every other account on the xbox and only My dad's account could play it now.

My attempt to fix it: Deleting the game, and redownloading it. Still didn't work. Deleted it again, deletes cache history, Redownload it. Still didn't work. I transferred the liscense onto the Xbox, and still only my Dad's account could play the game.

Afterthoughts: I have no idea what happened to xbox since 2011 - 2013 to change so I can't play the game on a different account.

- I don't know if this helps anything, but recently we (Not sure on which account) downloaded: Minecraft Xbox 360 edition. It works on every single profile. Just wondering why minecraft works, and Spyro doesn't, when it originally did.

If you have any other ideas of how to help, much obliged. :)

Sorry, I misunderstood your situation. I hope someone can help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To clarify, did you try redownloading the game after the license was transferred?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have gotten a new console since it was originally downloaded then transferring the license is the first thing to do.  After the license has been transferred you will need to redownload the game.  There is no need to delete it first, just go to the download history and select it.  You should be good after that.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Would this be true even if using the same hard drive and a different console? As I'm having the same problem but with mine craft as my boys xbox is broke and they're currently using my xbox but their hard drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, games are licensed to the first console they are downloaded to.  If your old console broke and you moved your hard drive to another console you will need to license transfer your gamertag and then go to your download history to redownload the content.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem! Except, I couldn't play it. It would just say can't be launched. But I transferred the license and it still didn't work.. My boyfriend downloaded "Destiny" on his xbox360, then turned around and transferred the license to mine so I could play it. But it still wont let me play at all..  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an older thread.  For future reference please create a new one detailing your issue.

When a license transfer is done you'll need to redownload the content.  Have your boyfriend head to Settings>Accounts>Download History on the console and redownload the game.  There is no need to delete it first.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2023 Views 3,447 Applies to: