The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. (GTA San Andreas Xbox360Slim)

This is my second post to this because no one replied to my first post. I own an Xbox360 Slim model with a recently purchased internal hard drive 120GB from Amazon that is from Microsoft. I downloaded GTA San Andreas from the Xbox Marketplace and I still got an error even though I have a hard drive which is required for the game. I am able to download the game perfectly, and I tried various things such as re- downloading the game  (4 times), downloading from purchase history, deleting and reinstalling the system updates, testing my Xbox Live connection (which I have), formatting the hard drive, restarting the Xbox, looked through all of my settings and I am allowed to play this game under all circumstances. I am able to download the game just fine, it is just when I load it, I get the error mentioned in the subject/title which has no error number. The box the internal hard drive came in was fashioned like if it was made by Microsoft, but did not have any brand name on the box, and on the Amazon page, it said it was made by Microsoft. It also says Microsoft right next to the hard drive name when I go to my storage menu. I even looked at the list of original Xbox games that are still compatible with newer consoles, and GTA San Andreas was on it. Need help on what to do, and do not tell me if I have to call Microsoft because I know already that I would have to do that if no one answers this question just like the other one I made.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

There is no such thing as a 120 gig drive for the slim that drive you have is a fake and that is why you cannot play that game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

what can i do? i read somewhere it doesn't have an emulator or something that I need to play the game with. will owning a fake one get me banned?

Sorry this didn't help.

no you will not get a ban for a fake drive but not only can those drives not play the games that came out before the 360 they are not dependable drives I have heard of them wiping themselves of data when you go to do a system update etc.  your best best is to get the drive from a trusted source like best buy or any store that sells NEW accessories.  you can get them from amazon but ONLY get them from MS's amazon store you will always get a real drive and they have them at lower prices than the store versions from time to time, good luck PreM!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. There is such thing in the microsoft community as a 20 gb hard drive right?

Sorry this didn't help.

for future reference please do not bump a thread from last year and yes there is but ONLY for the fat models that had the clip on drives, they came in 20, 60, 120, and 250 sizes only the slim comes in 250 and 320.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK I just tried to downloaded GTA San Andreas to my slim with a 250 hard drive and it will not complete the download.  I have successfully played other pre-360 games on this console though they are sometimes a little funky.  Should I give up and get a refund?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, and I went through a full cycle with Xbox Support Chat; cleaning the cache, deleting any corrupt files, deleting and restoring my profile, etc.  It started to download, got to maybe 35 or so % but doesn't finish.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Mirk123!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.