The Game Could Not Start

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I was a participant in the Halo Reach Xbox Beta testing for the new disc type (Although I received my update via Xbox Live and not through the game disc).  Following the first update, I have been receiving the same error over and over again while playing games on my console. The issue occurs while I am in a multiplayer lobby about to start a game.  As the game starts to load, I am booted to the dashboard with an error that reads, "The game could not start.  Please download it again."  My issue lies in the fact that these are not downloadable games, they are disk based games.  However the games are installed to my hard drive.  So I tried removing them and re-installing them.  The issue persists.  I've tried playing off the disk without having them installed to my hard drive and I still have the issue. 

Originally I thought it was just my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops so I tried a friend's copy with the same result regardless if it was multiplayer action or even Zombie mode.  But it started occurring with my free copy of Halo Reach I received with my beta participation.  I posted in the forums of the beta with this issue.  Shortly after I received an update and the issue (I thought) had gone away.  The problem is that it doesn’t happen every time I join a game.  It could happen once a week or several times a night. 

I thought with the beta over, the issue might have been resolved.  But it happened to me 3 times while I was playing Call of Duty two nights ago.  It happened twice while I was playing multiplayer and once more when I’d given up and decided to play some zombies.

For all I know it may have nothing at all to do with the beta.  The reason I mention it so heavily is because I don’t recall having this issue before the beta.  I appreciate your attention in this matter.

GT: AFK SupaJiggaWa

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I'm curious, does the same issue occur with your memory device removed from the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Maybe u got chicken grease on it becuase that's what happened to mine

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Mister Fitzer, you mean see if the issue occurs after I've removed the hard drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

Correct, have you given that a try?

Sorry this didn't help.