The Fine Print

I was trying to see if I could still purchase tickets for Call Of Duty XP and, for some reason, I decided to read a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. 

"Attendees must be 18 years of age or older and bring a valid photo ID. Call of Duty XP will be filmed, and all attendees grant permission to include their likenesses, images and voices in such filming. Attendees voluntarily enter Call of Duty XP and assume all risk of injury associated therewith. Attendees also understand that they may be required to sign a release to participate in certain events at Call of Duty XP.

Neither Activision nor their respective employees, directors, officers, agents or cooperating organizations, affiliates, licensors will be liable for any consequences arising by reason of an Act of God, fire, natural disaster, accident, act of government, shortages of labor, material or supplies, wars, civil disturbances or any other similar circumstances."

Acts of God? Act of government? Is this serious?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Someone may slip on a dropped Twinkie wrapper, cause all the hardcore gamers gonna be there, and possibly get hurt then sue Craptivision.

thats the compensation society for you,try to sue after that lot.

the good old force majeure... acts of god/govt are pretty standard for most contracts. just trying to cover unseen or unpredictable risk, like for example earthquakes. if there was a huge earthquake where the XP event just so happened to be and hundreds of people died, their families cant sue for damages as long as that contract was signed. govt intervention could be anything from police presence to riot control to anything more severe and not able to be predicted. what a world we live in.