The extra install HD

Anyone have any information about the HD upgrade install and what it actually is or will do?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Better textures when installed... Optional..

-

that's pretty much it.... apperently its a huge improvement over the Beta.

and ive just read on twitter its for both single and multiplayer , i was worried it would be a single player only thing . I know everyone probably already knew that ;0)

>>

Im assuming they had to do something or people with a arcade xbox (no storage device) wouldnt be able to play at all , im glad i got one with a 250gb hard drive now , I would have been very upset if i didnt get the better textures!! :))

Doesn't the option take up something like 55gb? Geez, I have the 120 option.... sure hope Skyrim doesnt need a lot of room to function

I'm guessing that with both disks installed, it's around a 20gb install, I'm also glan that I have a 120gb Elite. I thought I would check out ebay for a ruth idea how much a second hand 120gb drive will cost for anyone that still as a arcade or 20gb. 120gb will set you back around £25-£30 ($30-$40 US)

Any idea what this install is gonna be in terms of size?

55gb????? It can't be as large as that...

On a dual layer DVD you can write about 10-11gb of data, so about 20gb give or take, DICE may have a way to compress data to fit more on a disk. However its round 25-30gb MAX.

www.gamerzines.com/.../battlefield-3-360-texture-disc.html    (theres a little bit more info on the second disk)

I hope so, I have a 60gb hard drive, so there was only around 52-53gb when it was new. Interesting that they say the 360 version has the edge over the PS3, the Bazaar multiplayer videos looked pretty good!

I dont have the room for that.......So I guess console gaming is getting to be like PC gaming, have to upgrade for the newer games and graphics.

The Maximum size if a DVD9 was set at 6.9Gb prior to the new Anti-Piracy Content on a Disc. MS has rewritten (since the last Console Update) to include up to 7.5Gb (or so) per Disc. The Optional Install Disc will not take more than 7.5Gb from any HDD (second Disc only).