The end of the Modern Warfare series? [Spoilers]

Regardless of all the debates and arguments on how CoD multiplayer is I have always enjoyed the campaigns on the games. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed the campaign on MW3 I think it was one of the best in the series.

But anyway obviously its not going to be the end of the Call of Duty games but do you think that this will be the end of the Modern Warfare title games? Personally I would be kinda disappointed if they didnt. They ended MW3 with a very satisfying ending. With Makarov and all the other terror threats dead I dont see how they could really continue on with it.

What do you guys think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[Edit: Also please try to refrain from a flame war about the multiplayer in this thread, try to keep it a Single player campaign discussion :)

Who cares?

I can imagine a new Call of Duty game in the 'Modern Warfare' world, but it would need new characters or something. Since playing the third game I've been envisioning a fourth game, to tie in with a point in Call of Duty 4. During Call of Duty 4 you kill the Three Horsemen, but there's a fourth guy in the picture. Perhaps just having him as a terrorist warlord or something and giving you a reason to go after him as part of a Private Military Company or something would let the guys create a large enough back-story. If they really wanted they could probably bring back a recognizable face in the form of Gaz, since using noclip on PC shows it isn't a headshot. Granted, noclip is not evidence but I'm assuming the devs both want to create a new game in the franchise (think of the profit), and are prepared to do something to keep a few characters from the world.

Plus, the 'four' would  be fitting for the Fourth Horseman. It isn't Makarov either, since the Call of Duty Wiki says the guy is dressed in OpFor clothing. If they were using a generic model for Makarov it wouldn't have been an OpFor model, I don't think. I don't believe we've seen the end of the franchise to be honest but it could be the end of the Modern Warfare branch. A good World War II shooter would be an excellent alternative again since I miss my WWII era games.

[quote user="TheBlackDah1ia"]

Regardless of all the debates and arguments on how CoD multiplayer is I have always enjoyed the campaigns on the games. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed the campaign on MW3 I think it was one of the best in the series.

But anyway obviously its not going to be the end of the Call of Duty games but do you think that this will be the end of the Modern Warfare title games? Personally I would be kinda disappointed if they didnt. They ended MW3 with a very satisfying ending. With Makarov and all the other terror threats dead I dont see how they could really continue on with it.

What do you guys think?

[/quote]Oh gee, thanks for the spoiler!!!!

I hope this is an end, we have had 8 Call of Dutys :|

-

FAR too many, just end it!

It was pretty awesome. I finished it yesterday wasn't too long but very nice oh and Althought I played it on veteran it wasn't too hard. I always finished COD games on Veteran so Wondering if its even going to be hard at all...

Anyways the story was beautiful and I guess realistic in the sense of killing so many of the main characters. I will surely miss Ghost, and ..... You know the ones that die on this one! :(. As for another game ofc they will. They will make something up and it will probably still be good. Why? Because those of us that like the franchise expect another :)

Not even, they'll just make another crazy Russian terrorist, like the son of Makarov or something stupid like that attack America again, maybe this time with a satellite. Here is your story line for Modern Warfare 4.

The new one will have new characters like MacSoapvish.

I've always liked the campaigns of CoD as well. Ever since CoD 4 I've wanted to see a storyline based around Captain MacMillan. I think a sniper team campaign would be sweet but that's too laid back compared to the direction the series has taken. Too much stealth, not enough kaboom.