The end and the egg

Ok, so I fired up my end portal.  Went in.  After the battle with the dragon, the portal formed at the center egg thing.  I noticed the egg on the top of the post, so, I did what I thought I should do...build a platform around it so it wouldn't fall through the portal.  Then I hit it with my pickaxe.  It just bounces around.  I have hit it repeatedly and nothing.  I even tried a pickaxe with silk touch.

What is the egg for? 

Can you actually ever get it? 

How do you reset the end or at least spawn another dragon?  Survival only.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

If you click on it then you take the chance of it reappearing in the one hole that's underground or clicking it too many times it may fall of the edge and be lost forever.

Right, so bedrock is not a problem.

I know it does,

[quote user="Ronin6337"]

Might be kinda hard to do on bedrock.

[/quote]

The egg moves around.

Well, that kinda sux.  Was hoping for more than that.

I just can't believe they put in a totally pointless egg and did all the programming for it just to see it hop around when players hit it.

Might be kinda hard to do on bedrock.

[quote user="Ronin6337"]

Set a piston next to the egg and a block next to the piston with a lever on it. Hit the lever and the egg will pop up so you can pick it up. There's no use for it except to look at it.

[/quote]

Or you could put a torch under it and break the block the egg is on.

[quote user="WildAttorney"]

forums.xbox.com/.../566685.aspx

[/quote]

lol i read this forum earlier but didn't have time to respond but i was planning to say.  No sadly there is no way to respawn it unless you follow wildattorney's highly complicated guide to dragon respawning.

Set a piston next to the egg and a block next to the piston with a lever on it. Hit the lever and the egg will pop up so you can pick it up. There's no use for it except to look at it.