The DLC 1 "Horde Command Pack" Info Thread - FAQs Answered!

*Answers to some commonly asked questions and additional info found near the bottom of this post*

Hi folks,

I posted this on the Epic Games forums and figured I'd post here as well as there are many questions popping up.

Just thought I'd post an information thread in regards to the upcoming "Horde Command Pack" DLC1 this November. I try to answer many of the common questions... so here we go!

RECAP OF THE PRESS RELEASE:

Release Date: November 1, 2011
Cost: 800MSP or free download for Season Pass holders
New Achievements: 250G

Maps Included:

• Blood Drive:

The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.

• Rustlung:

Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.

• Azura:

This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.

New Horde Fortification Features:

• Command Center: A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
  • Sentry Upgrade: This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
  • Decoy Upgrade: A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
  • Silverback Upgrade: This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.

New Characters:

• Onyx Guard
  • Big Rig Dizzy
  • Bernie Mataki

New Weapon Skins:

• Team Plasma
  • Jungle Camo

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS ANSWERED:

Q: What game modes will these new maps be playable in?
A: They will be playable in Horde, Beast, and private Versus multiplayer.
Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here

Q: Why are they not playable in public Versus multiplayer?
A: It is a dedicated server issue. Eventually you will be able to play DLC 1 maps in public Versus, but not at launch. When is TBD.
Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here

Q: If I buy the DLC 1 Horde Command Pack and my friends don't, can they still play Horde with me and will I be able to use my new fortification features?
A: Yes

Q: Will my new character and weapon skins be viewable in all game types including public Versus?
A: Yes

OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:

Only the host of a Horde/Beast/Private Versus lobby needs to have the DLC 1 pack purchased for everyone else in the game to play on the DLC 1 maps. However, only the people that have purchased the pack will be able to earn the new achievements and built the new fortification features.

Source: This post and this post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Any idea what the achievements will be???

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Any idea what the achievements will be???

[/quote]

They haven't announced them just yet, but they have stated that they will be worth 250G for the first pack (as permitted by Xbox Live rules - 250G per quarter up to a max of 1750G) and that for this pack they are all Horde related.

The next pack will be Campaign DLC and achievements, and the one after that will be Versus oriented DLC and achievements.

Cheers

Proof that they are rushing out DLC.  Prepare for more glitches.  

oh cool, more horde achievements!

cool

This is very nice!!! :)

[quote user="DutRank"]

I wish I could buy the map pack. : (

[/quote]

Do you wanna see my Liquid Metal weapons? ^

The DLC is being rushed out.  Plain and simple.  It's not even being released fully compatible with the game! LOL.

[quote user="DutRank"]

Do you wanna see my Liquid Metal weapons? ^

The DLC is being rushed out.  Plain and simple.  It's not even being released fully compatible with the game! LOL.

[/quote]

The DLC has been on the disc for 6 months!

AND IT STILL ISN'T READY! LOL.