The Difficulty

So, is it just me or does Gears of War 3 seem kinda easy? I read many reviews complaining about the easy difficulty on Normal mode, so when I got my game, I immediately bumped up the difficulty to Hardcore. Well, it still seems kinda easy to me. Has anyone beaten the game already and unlocked Insane difficulty? Does it feel like insane mode from past games or does Insane difficulty feel like Hardcore difficulty?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They may have over done it in toning down the game to avoid a RAAM type boss fight. RAAM was a jerk of a boss even on casual.

[quote user="XANGCRIS"]

They may have over done it in toning down the game to avoid a RAAM type boss fight. RAAM was a jerk of a boss even on casual.

[/quote]

True, but that's what I liked about it.

Try Hardcore with four players.

I've insaned* both gears games and I would have to say this on hardcore feels like normal of gear 1 or 2. Still an incredible game and can't wait to see how insane plays with 4 person co-op.

**insane in the past tense. That's right. Use it!

I have only played the first few levels (chapters) but I also got the feeling the hardened seemed easier than past games.  I was guessing I would get to a part later that would change my mind though

[quote user="JERFF FACE"]

I've insaned* both gears games and I would have to say this on hardcore feels like normal of gear 1 or 2. Still an incredible game and can't wait to see how insane plays with 4 person co-op.

**insane in the past tense. That's right. Use it!

[/quote]You've Insaned both Gears'? Wow. That's..... insane. Hardcore in Gears 1 & 2 was crazy enough for me. But Hardcore in Gears 3 is definitely, different, than 1 & 2. Maybe Insane will be like Hardcore from Gears 1 & 2 and I'll finally have Insaned a Gears game, LOL. Oh well, AMAZING game nonetheless.

Solid Latino-I finished insane on both too if I remember right and the key was to play co-op. On Gears 2 I cleared the vast majority solo on insane but several chapters I had to have a buddy to get thru. Its tough but very doable, just be prepared if you have solid shooting skills like myself (I usually struggle on vetern levels etc) to reload some check pints alot!

But yeah, on hardcore this is feeling like a good challenge but I dont feel overwhelmed, just started last night on a couple of chapters and I was comparing it to my memories of the first chapter in Gears 2 working thru the building, that felt way tougher than the ship fights. Maybe it scales as you get deeper, either way, love the story, glad there are bots in some versus modes so you can dink around solo if you feel like it or to sharpen skills on different game modes.

I’m stuck at the Leviathan on Insane. I don’t recommend trying Insane alone. It feels easy enough until you get to the Leviathan and then you seem to need someone other than A.I. guarding you while you shoot. If you try it alone, the A.I. will not shoot at the exploding bugs 24/7 and they will overrun you.

Normal feels like a cake walk so far.  I can just stand out in the open and blast everything.