The Death of the Xbox360...

A terrible thing is , Xbox cannot keep up with technology.

In short, the best TV you can play xbox 360 on is a LCD 720p screen. Due to upscaling issues, a 1080p TV is going to give you blue and jagged edge issues, I'm sure many of you know what I mean.

However, this is playable for a long time because most TV's were 60hz, well now a new breed of TV is out 120hz and higher. It claims smoother transitions especially with BluRay. It's true, if you're watching a BluRay DVD it'll be beautiful. You'll also srop a ton of cash for it.

The Xbox360 cannot handle it however. So what happens? The most awful thing for any gamer - lag.

Lag like you've never seen before. We all know that a first person shooter depends on instant timing. The Halo series for example is known for very competitive multiplayer games. If I said you shot would be delayed but a full second, you would literally never hit a target. Most 120hz and higher TV's delay between .25 and 1.15 seconds, enough to take an average player (15kills to 15 deaths) and drop them to last (2 kills to 21 deaths) and a superb player (23 kills to 4 deaths) to near bottom (5 kills to 18 deaths).

The point? I can no longer play any Xbox360 game. The lag causes unreal issues. It's not MY TV. Why not? I have bought and returned 4 TV in the past week. All 120hz, trying to find the "one" that worked. After hours of wasted research I finally came across post after post about how the xbox360 cannot upscale correctly.

720p 60hz = God. You can snipe anything from anywhere.

Want to upgrade? Kiss your halo career goodbye.

Frustrated does not begin to explain it. I am PRAYING the Microsoft community releases an update to help with this.

If anyone has a solution, I'd be in your debt.

-Heath

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

uumm i'm going on 1080i and i'm having no problems.

[quote user="Lord Sion45"]

uumm i'm going on 1080i and i'm having no problems.

[/quote]

1080p is largely different than 1080i. Basically 1080i displays 2 different "lines" of the picture and alternates them. 

While it's true the best the Xbox 360 can output is 720p, most games have little to no issues with screen lag and all that. 

My brothers both have TV's that are 1080p and have much higher refresh rates than that of an LCD TV and everything looks great and runs smooth. 

I'm really not sure why you'd be having such huge issues with better TV's though... 

About the only problem I have when switching to 1080p is that I have to rachet up the controller sensitivity at least 2-3 settings, or else I can't DMR at all. Everything else, no big deal.

I'm using 1080p on my TV in my bedroom, and also have a 57" Plasma which I played on at release in 1080p with absolutely no issue. Most, if not all TV's nowadays come with a feature called "Game Mode" where it eliminates any lag between the controller and screen. I'm sorry sir, but you're wrong. You also need to buy the component cable attachment for your 360 if it didn't come with them. Not only that, but this would never be the "death of the Xbox 360". I assume the vast majority of players don't even play on HDTV's, so to them it doesn't even matter.

so, everytime a new piece of hardware comes out you want a new Xbox?

"Most 120hz and higher TV's delay between .25 and 1.15 seconds, enough to take an average player (15kills to 15 deaths) and drop them to last (2 kills to 21 deaths) and a superb player (23 kills to 4 deaths) to near bottom (5 kills to 18 deaths)".

.... Right.

"720p 60hz = God. You can snipe anything from anywhere".

.... Right..

I'm playing on a brand new (two weeks, maybe?) $900, 37inch 1080p LCD and I have no problem whatsoever. I can see marginal, negligible 'issues' in games such as Mass Effect 2, but nothing serious. Oblivion you can also see equally meaningless 'issues'.

You sound like the kind of player who would blame their losses and deaths on the opponent's TV without having a clue to be honest, so I'm not going to give your opinion much credit.

Playing H3 last night for the first time with this TV gave me no problems whatsoever. Didn't have a problem adapting to it whatsoever.

Most laughably was your '15-15 down to 2-21' part, that was hilarious. Thanks for that .

"If I said you shot would be delayed but a full second, you would literally never hit a target".

.... Right.

ya lets blame the tv now

Your solution is simple: you should just play your 360 games on a 60hz 720p TV.  They're fairly inexpensive anyway, so what's the problem?

BTW I play on a 1080p (most likely a 60hz) and I have no problems.

I agree with Bob on this....Most 120hz and higher TV's delay between .25 and 1.15 seconds, enough to take an average player (15kills to 15 deaths) and drop them to last (2 kills to 21 deaths) and a superb player (23 kills to 4 deaths) to near bottom (5 kills to 18 deaths).

....This part of the argument was so far out-of-whack that its difficult to concentrate on any of the other things this guy is complaining about.  First of all going from 15 kills to 2 kills may be attributed to lag, sucky teammates, better opponents or just an overall Sh**ty day.   But the fact-of-the-matter is simply that if you consistently...game-in/game-out get 15 kills per game for a couple weeks or longer (call me I want to Friend Request you first of all) and you suddenly drop to 2 kills and 21 deaths on a regular basis...there's something waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger going on than the fact that your stupid TV ain't talking to your Xbox 360 in a timely fashion.

The fact of the matter is, if your are consistently 1.15 seconds slower than your opponent...it's probably a lot more gong on than your TV/Xbox interface.  I'm venturing to say there's more to it than that.

my xbox looks perfect in hd at the highest setting 1080whatever.

whats the problem exactly?