The Darkness II Delayed to 2012

What many would consider a smart move considering this fall's release lineup I would like to express my disagreement with this move. Yes The Darkness II was on my list of this fall's "Must have games" despite me whining over its cartoony new cell shaded look.
After already waiting 4+ years for a sequel I wish the game would come sooner.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

i have the first game but got stuck early on at some dock area and never played it again. I liked the graphics though and I like the darkness , but i dont like the cell shading of the second game.

Plus I'd rather see a witchblade game before another darkness game.

That's actually pretty helpful.  It was set to be out the same time as RAGE and DARK SOULS, out of all of them, Darkness was the one that would be a pass for the time being.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/19/the-darkness-2-delayed-until-february-2012/

It is a shame we will not get to play it sooner, but a delay can mean giving the game more love and attention.

Now i can get it without worries .

You know after seeing how Brink was released early and how **** that turd fest of a game was I am no longer saddened but delays,in fact I welcome it .

Brink wasn't released early at all, it was supposed to be a Fall 2010 release, maybe even earlier.  So it was delayed at least once.

In regards to the Cel-Shaded graphics. I think it suits the game, with it being a comic. I would have liked them to have gone with regular graphics, but either way the story and gameplay has remained the same, which is great.
[quote user="CollapseControl"]

Brink wasn't released early at all, it was supposed to be a Fall 2010 release, maybe even earlier.  So it was delayed at least once.

[/quote]
I think he was reffering to the fact that BRINK had a release date of May 17th but it was pushed forward to May 10th. Though 7 days would not have changed anything.